Programming Highlights: Wed, Dec 3 - Tue, Dec 9, 2014
Programming Highlights: Wed, Dec 3 - Tue, Dec 9, 2014
FEATURING: CCTV Rewind, Harp Show, Inman Square Harvest Hoedown, Movie Of The Week & Lopamudra Mitra LIVE In Concert
DEBUTING THIS WEEK ON CCTV!
CCTV Rewind - A weekly block delivering a different retro program every Friday straight from the CCTV archives!
The Certification Tape Show: February 1989
A collection of short certification tape films from 1989 including topics such as music, artwork, children, religious discussions, and Cambridge history. Produced by members of CCTV.
Channel 8 - Premiering this week: Friday @ 9 PM
The Harp Show: Emily Lewis
Al Marotta presents The Harp Show featuring a Live studio performance by harpist Emily Lewis playing classical and popular pieces accompanied by harpist Sydney Hoffman and violinist Olga Kouznetsova. Produced by Al Marotta.
Ch. 8 - Premiering this week: Sat 3:30 PM, Sun 6:30 PM, Mon 6 PM & Tue 10:30 AM
NEW Local Shorts
Every week, CCTV runs new short programs in an unstoppable block of entertainment! Tune in to Ch. 8 every Sunday @ 5 PM & every Tuesday @ 6 PM for a chance to laugh, cry, learn, and be inspired! This week's NEW shorts:
- NeighborMedia: Inman Square Harvest Hoedown, featuring NeighborMedia correspondent Kristina Kehrer visiting the 2nd Annual Inman Square Harvest Hoedown including seasonally-inspired dishes from local chefs, Live music curated by Lilypad, children's activities, and a beer and cider garden. Presented by the Inman Square Business Association. Produced by Kristina Kehrer.
- How Steve Got It Back, featuring Steve Warren chronicling his healing journey through natural holistic processes. Produced by Michael Donoghue.
- Pink Sunday 2014, showcasing Emmanuel Vincent visiting and reporting Live from Pink Sunday, a women's flag football tournament presented by Flag For A Cause and held in Danehy Park in Cambridge, MA, in an effort to support research for breast cancer. Produced by Alan Verly.
- Designer Profile: Jenny French, a look at Boston-based fashion designer Jenny French's latest collection "Devotion," which was featured at the Exces De La Mode fashion show in Somerville, MA, on Saturday, October 25, 2014. Produced by Alan Verly.
- The Proposal, a short romantic comedy about an older couple, Steve and Delona, who break up when she tells him that she's leaving and has waited for him long enough, which finally gives him the courage to propose to her. Produced by Chau Le.
- NeighborMedia: Conversing with Minister Evans, a conversation with Washington Elms resident Minister Kevin Evans about "kids these days." Produced by Kristina Kehrer.
- Leo & Evelyn, recounting letters between two young members of "The Greatest Generation" covering courtship, wartime, and parenthood provides the framework for this short documentary including family photographs and clips from old 8mm films which adds to this intimate look at a daughter's personal remembrance. Produced by Kristina Kehrer.
Movie Of The Week: "Meet John Doe"
In this classic romantic comedy-drama starring Gary Cooper and Barbara Stanwyck, a man needing money agrees to impersonate a nonexistent person who said he'd be committing suicide as a protest, and a political movement begins as a result.
Channel 9 - Saturday @ 9 PM
Lopamudra Mitra LIVE in Concert
Growing up in the 70s in the heart of souther Calcutta, in a joint family where music was part of the daily chores, Lopamudra received her first training in music from her father. With constant encouragement from her mother to pursue music the way she wanted to, along with exposure to poetry and theater under the tutelage of Sameer Chattopadhyay, a family friend, Lopamudra always broke the norms. This Live performance of her varied musical talents took place on Sunday, October 5th, 2014. Produced by Bishawjit Saha.
Ch. 96 - Premiering this week: Sat 9:30 AM, Sun 10:30 PM, Mon 10 PM & Tue 3 PM
IF YOU MISSED IT LAST WEEK
MIT Presents: "The Importance of Failure and the Incomplete Leader"
Failure provides a crucible—an experience so profound that it forces leaders at all levels to look at themselves; examine their character, values, and behavior in a new context; and come to grips not with who they think they are, but with who they really are. In this presentation, US Air Force Capt. Christopher Berardi describes his frequent encounters with failure before, during, and after his SDM experience and discuss the value such experiences bring to his own evolution as a leader. Produced by MIT.
Ch. 8 - Showing this week: Fri 7 PM & Sat 8 AM
Coloring Coorain presents "Lemon Lift," a short performance about life, loss, and lemonade. This documentation is from the Gang Greenough Gallery Exhibition "Lost and Found." Produced by Coorain Devin.
Ch. 8 - Showing this week: Thu 11:30 AM, Fri 5:30 PM, Sat 4 PM, Sun 7 PM, Mon 5 PM & Tue 8 AM
Demystifying Bipolar Disorder
A short documentary clarifying the differences between the myths and truths surrounding bipolar disorder featuring Dr. Jane L. Erb, Director of Clinical and Educational Initiatives at Brigham and Women's Hospital. Produced by Todd Rapisarda.
Ch. 8 - Showing this week: Thu 2:30 PM, Fri 5 PM, Sat 4:30 PM, Sun 7:30 PM, Mon 5:30 PM & Tue 8:30 AM
NEW SERIES! - The Kamla Show
A lively talk show produced in the beautiful San Francisco bay area featuring technologists, entrepreneurs, filmmakers, and other newsmakers. Produced and hosted by Kamla Bhatt.
Ch. 8 - Showing weekly: Tuesdays @ 9:30 PM & Wednesdays @ 8 AM
A Foreign Policy For All
After years of war in Iraq and Afghanistan, with their terrible toll of death and destruction, we are fighting again in the Middle East. But growing numbers of Americans are debating the values and goals of U.S. foreign policy, with its heavy reliance on military intervention. Why has it been so unsuccessful? What is the appropriate role for our nation in today’s world? How does our investment in a gigantic, costly military establishment affect our foreign policy decisions? This one-day conference attempts to outline a more positive vision of U.S. global engagement, one that addresses the actual security needs of people around the world and that is consistent with the principles of peace and justice for all. It also explores the actions needed to make the changes we seek in order to shift the discussion. Produced by CCTV.
Ch. 9 - Showing this week: Wed 10 AM, Fri 2 PM, Sat 6 PM & Sun 9 PM
My New Life: Young People Report
A program about higher ethics featuring a group of young people discussing how they have changed their lives for the better. Produced by Radio Santec.
Ch. 96 - Showing this week: Wed 11 PM, Thu 4 PM, Sat 3 PM, Mon 8 PM & Tue 9:30 AM
Bangla to Boston
A Bangla O Biswa kids extravaganza recital which took place on Saturday, October 4, 2014, and showcased talented children performing Bengali music and dance. Produced by Bishawjit Saha.
Ch. 96 - Showing this week: Wed 9 AM, Thu 11 PM, Sat 5 PM, Mon 3 PM & Tue 8 PM
To find out what's on today or to search for specific programs, please visit our Programming Schedule and use the search engine! You can also watch the LIVE stream of each of our channels: Channel 8, Channel 9, and Channel 96. Please contact CCTV's Programming Coordinator, Chris Lawn, for any questions or comments.