Programming Highlights: Wed, Dec 10 - Tue, Dec 16, 2014
Programming Highlights: Wed, Dec 10 - Tue, Dec 16, 2014
FEATURING: The Spores, Salvation Army Red Kettle Kickoff, Cambridge Uncovered Student Walkout, Movie Of The Week & Christmas Thoughts
DEBUTING THIS WEEK ON CCTV!
MIT Presents: "How a Systems-Based Approach Can Help You Lead and Manage More Effectively"
High-tech and other innovative businesses function in an environment characterized by complexity, rapid change, and inherent uncertainty, and leaders and managers of such businesses therefore face particularly difficult challenges. Dr. Michael Davies discusses a better way to manage and lead through systems thinking. Using real-world examples that can be applied to any industry, he will describe how effective, strategic decision-making and execution can emerge naturally from a well-organized system. In this approach, the focus of leadership efforts and management decisions is on creating and shaping a self-regulating system, rather than on direct command and control. Produced by MIT.
Ch. 8 - Premiering this week: Fri 7 PM & Sat 8 AM
CCTV Rewind - A weekly block delivering a different retro program every Friday straight from the CCTV archives!
200th Anniversary of the Bill of Human Rights
A history of the the Bill of Rights explained and discussed through a compilation of animation, conversation, debate, and multiple participants speaking their mind and sharing their views about this monumental document. Produced by members of CCTV.
Channel 8 - Premiering this week: Friday @ 9 PM
The Spores LIVE
A Live performance by the rock band The Spores at the Beachcomber in Wellfleet, MA. Dedicated to the memory of the late lead singer Donnie Prevost who passed away in 2014. Produced by Simon McDonough.
Ch. 8 - Premiering this week: Sat 3 PM, Sun 6 PM, Mon 6:30 PM & Tue 5 PM
Salvation Army Red Kettle Kickoff
The kickoff event for the Salvation Army holiday donation season urging donors to support the organization in providing help and hope for tens of thousands of men, women, and children. Produced by CCTV.
Ch. 9 - Premiering this week: Fri 6 PM, Sat 8 PM & Sun 4 PM
Cambridge Uncovered: Hands Up Student Walkout
In December 2014, demonstrations were held around the country to protest the grand jury's decision not to prosecute police officer Darren Wilson in the killing of Michael Brown. In an effort to spread awareness and support the cause, CRLS students walked out of school and into Harvard Square to assert that #BlackLivesMatter. In this episode, citizen journalist Beverly Mire talks with two students from the Cambridge Rindge and Latin School who led and participated in a student walkout in solidarity with the #BlackLivesMatter campaign. Produced by CCTV & NeighborMedia.
Ch. 9 - Premiering this week: Fri 8 PM, Sat 4 PM, Sun 3 PM & Tue 10 AM
Movie Of The Week: "Corruption"
A young lawyer is elected mayor of the city and promises to rid it of the corruption it's famous for. The problem is that most of the corruption he's vowed to eliminate is caused by the crooked political machine that helped elect him.
Channel 9 - Saturday @ 9 PM
Christmas Thoughts for a Good New Year
A warm holiday program about how Christmas can inspire and relax you for the upcoming year. Produced by Radio Santec.
Ch. 96 - Premiering this week: Sat 12:30 PM, Sun 9:30 AM, Mon 1 PM & Tue 4:30 PM
IF YOU MISSED IT LAST WEEK
The Harp Show: Emily Lewis
Al Marotta presents The Harp Show featuring a Live studio performance by harpist Emily Lewis playing classical and popular pieces accompanied by harpist Sydney Hoffman and violinist Olga Kouznetsova. Produced by Al Marotta.
Ch. 8 - Showing this week: Wed 3:30 PM, Thu 11 PM, Sat 3:30 PM, Sun 6:30 PM, Mon 6 PM & Tue 10:30 AM
NEW Local Shorts
Every week, CCTV runs new short programs in an unstoppable block of entertainment! Tune in to Ch. 8 every Sunday @ 5 PM & every Tuesday @ 6 PM for a chance to laugh, cry, learn, and be inspired! This week's NEW shorts:
- NeighborMedia: Inman Square Harvest Hoedown, featuring NeighborMedia correspondent Kristina Kehrer visiting the 2nd Annual Inman Square Harvest Hoedown including seasonally-inspired dishes from local chefs, Live music curated by Lilypad, children's activities, and a beer and cider garden. Presented by the Inman Square Business Association. Produced by Kristina Kehrer.
- How Steve Got It Back, featuring Steve Warren chronicling his healing journey through natural holistic processes. Produced by Michael Donoghue.
- Pink Sunday 2014, showcasing Emmanuel Vincent visiting and reporting Live from Pink Sunday, a women's flag football tournament presented by Flag For A Cause and held in Danehy Park in Cambridge, MA, in an effort to support research for breast cancer. Produced by Alan Verly.
- Designer Profile: Jenny French, a look at Boston-based fashion designer Jenny French's latest collection "Devotion," which was featured at the Exces De La Mode fashion show in Somerville, MA, on Saturday, October 25, 2014. Produced by Alan Verly.
- The Proposal, a short romantic comedy about an older couple, Steve and Delona, who break up when she tells him that she's leaving and has waited for him long enough, which finally gives him the courage to propose to her. Produced by Chau Le.
- NeighborMedia: Conversing with Minister Evans, a conversation with Washington Elms resident Minister Kevin Evans about "kids these days." Produced by Kristina Kehrer.
- Leo & Evelyn, recounting letters between two young members of "The Greatest Generation" covering courtship, wartime, and parenthood provides the framework for this short documentary including family photographs and clips from old 8mm films which adds to this intimate look at a daughter's personal remembrance. Produced by Kristina Kehrer.
Lopamudra Mitra LIVE in Concert
Growing up in the 70s in the heart of souther Calcutta, in a joint family where music was part of the daily chores, Lopamudra received her first training in music from her father. With constant encouragement from her mother to pursue music the way she wanted to, along with exposure to poetry and theater under the tutelage of Sameer Chattopadhyay, a family friend, Lopamudra always broke the norms. This Live performance of her varied musical talents took place on Sunday, October 5th, 2014. Produced by Bishawjit Saha.
Ch. 96 - Showing this week: Wed 10 AM, Thu 2 PM, Fri 8 AM, Sat 9:30 AM, Sun 10:30 PM, Mon 10 PM & Tue 3 PM
To find out what's on today or to search for specific programs, please visit our Programming Schedule and use the search engine! You can also watch the LIVE stream of each of our channels: Channel 8, Channel 9, and Channel 96. Please contact CCTV's Programming Coordinator, Chris Lawn, for any questions or comments.