Programming Highlights: Wed, Nov 26 - Tue, Dec 2, 2014
Programming Highlights: Wed, Nov 26 - Tue, Dec 2, 2014
FEATURING: World AIDS Day, Lemon Lift, Bipolar Disorder, NEW Shorts,Thanksgiving Parade,Foreign Policy, Movie Of The Week & Bangla to Boston
DEBUTING THIS WEEK ON CCTV!
MIT Presents: "The Importance of Failure and the Incomplete Leader"
Failure provides a crucible—an experience so profound that it forces leaders at all levels to look at themselves; examine their character, values, and behavior in a new context; and come to grips not with who they think they are, but with who they really are. In this presentation, US Air Force Capt. Christopher Berardi describes his frequent encounters with failure before, during, and after his SDM experience and discuss the value such experiences bring to his own evolution as a leader. Produced by MIT.
Ch. 8 - Premiering this week: Fri 7 PM & Sat 8 AM
CCTV Rewind - A weekly block delivering a different retro program every Friday straight from the CCTV archives!
Rap Hip Hop Dance Party Jam
A fundraiser from 1992 featuring Live musical performances by and interviews with multiple rap and hip-hop artists. Produced by CCTV.
Channel 8 - Premiering this week: Friday @ 9 PM
Coloring Coorain presents "Lemon Lift," a short performance about life, loss, and lemonade. This documentation is from the Gang Greenough Gallery Exhibition "Lost and Found." Produced by Coorain Devin.
Ch. 8 - Premiering this week: Sat 4 PM, Sun 7 PM & Tue 8 AM
Demystifying Bipolar Disorder
A short documentary clarifying the differences between the myths and truths surrounding bipolar disorder featuring Dr. Jane L. Erb, Director of Clinical and Educational Initiatives at Brigham and Women's Hospital. Produced by Todd Rapisarda.
Ch. 8 - Premiering this week: Sat 4:30 PM, Sun 7:30 PM & Tue 8:30 AM
NEW Local Shorts
Every week, CCTV runs new short programs in an unstoppable block of entertainment! Tune in to Ch. 8 every Sunday @ 5 PM & every Tuesday @ 6 PM for a chance to laugh, cry, learn, and be inspired! This week's NEW shorts:
- How Steve Got It Back, featuring Steve Warren chronicling his healing journey through natural holistic processes. Produced by Michael Donoghue.
- Pink Sunday 2014, showcasing Emmanuel Vincent visiting and reporting Live from Pink Sunday, a women's flag football tournament presented by Flag For A Cause and held in Danehy Park in Cambridge, MA, in an effort to support research for breast cancer. Produced by Alan Verly.
- Designer Profile: Jenny French, a look at Boston-based fashion designer Jenny French's latest collection "Devotion," which was featured at the Exces De La Mode fashion show in Somerville, MA, on Saturday, October 25, 2014. Produced by Alan Verly.
- The Proposal, a short romantic comedy about an older couple, Steve and Delona, who break up when she tells him that she's leaving and has waited for him long enough, which finally gives him the courage to propose to her. Produced by Chau Le.
- NeighborMedia: Conversing with Minister Evans, a conversation with Washington Elms resident Minister Kevin Evans about "kids these days." Produced by Kristina Kehrer.
- Leo & Evelyn, recounting letters between two young members of "The Greatest Generation" covering courtship, wartime, and parenthood provides the framework for this short documentary including family photographs and clips from old 8mm films which adds to this intimate look at a daughter's personal remembrance. Produced by Kristina Kehrer.
- "Radiate" Music Video, a lively music video, featuring on-screen lyrics, for the song "Radiate" by the band Quivvver. Produced by Kristina Kehrer.
- NeighborMedia: The 6th Annual Superhero 5K Run, featuring NeighborMedia correspondent Christian Herold visiting the 2014 Superhero 5K run, HAVE2RUN’s signature event to benefit On The Rise, a Cambridge-based day program for homeless women which creates a community where women have the relationships, safety, and resources they need to move out of homelessness. Produced by Christian Herold.
World AIDS Day 2014
An opportunity on Monday, December 1, 2014 for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV. Annually, CCTV acknowledges World AIDS Day by pre-empting regular programming on Channel 8 to run special AIDS Day programming including a scroll of names of those from the Cambridge community, and our friends and loved ones, who have lost their lives to AIDS. Produced by CCTV.
Ch. 8 - Premiering: ALL DAY Monday
NEW SERIES! - The Kamla Show
A lively talk show produced in the beautiful San Francisco bay area featuring technologists, entrepreneurs, filmmakers, and other newsmakers. Produced and hosted by Kamla Bhatt.
Ch. 8 - Premiering this week: Tue 9:30 PM
America's Hometown Thanksgiving Parade 2014
The Plymouth Thanksgiving Parade has become a beloved holiday occasion as well as an important link to our nation’s history and heritage. For 18 years, hundreds of thousands of people from all walks of life have traveled to the historic Plymouth Harbor and Waterfront to experience a bounty of authentic Americana. The celebration of Thanksgiving becomes history-brought-to-life as Pilgrims, Native Americans, Soldiers, Patriots, and Pioneers proudly climb out of the history books and onto the streets of Plymouth. Produced by PACTV - Plymouth Area Community Television.
Ch. 9 - Premiering this week: Thu 10 AM & 2 PM; Fri 10 AM & 2 PM; Sat 2 PM
A Foreign Policy For All
After years of war in Iraq and Afghanistan, with their terrible toll of death and destruction, we are fighting again in the Middle East. But growing numbers of Americans are debating the values and goals of U.S. foreign policy, with its heavy reliance on military intervention. Why has it been so unsuccessful? What is the appropriate role for our nation in today’s world? How does our investment in a gigantic, costly military establishment affect our foreign policy decisions? This one-day conference attempts to outline a more positive vision of U.S. global engagement, one that addresses the actual security needs of people around the world and that is consistent with the principles of peace and justice for all. It also explores the actions needed to make the changes we seek in order to shift the discussion. Produced by CCTV.
Ch. 9 - Premiering this week: Sat 6 PM & Sun 9 PM
Movie Of The Week: "Sensation Hunters"
Dale Jordan is first accepted by the aristocratic first-cabin passengers on a south-bound Panama-Pacific liner until they discover she is a member of a troupe of cabaret girls led by Trixie Snell en route for the Bull Ring Cabaret in Panama City. In her struggle to finally leave Panama, she is faced with lust, romance, crime, adventure, and ultimately tragedy.
Channel 9 - Saturday @ 9 PM
My New Life: Young People Report
A program about higher ethics featuring a group of young people discussing how they have changed their lives for the better. Produced by Radio Santec.
Ch. 96 - Premiering this week: Sat 3 PM, Mon 8 PM & Tue 9:30 AM
Bangla to Boston
A Bangla O Biswa kids extravaganza recital which took place on Saturday, October 4, 2014, and showcased talented children performing Bengali music and dance. Produced by Bishawjit Saha.
Ch. 96 - Premiering this week: Sat 5 PM, Mon 3 PM & Tue 8 PM
IF YOU MISSED IT LAST WEEK
NeighborMedia: Oliver Stone & Peter Kuznick on America
NeighborMedia correspondent Zoe Lindstrom-Ives showcases director Oliver Stone and historian Peter Kuznick discussing their Showtime documentary miniseries, "Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States," at Lesley University in Cambridge, MA. Produced by Zoe Lindstrom-Ives.
Ch. 8 - Premiering this week: Sat 11:30 AM, Sun 3:30 PM, Mon 6:30 PM & Tue 10:30 AM
To find out what's on today or to search for specific programs, please visit our Programming Schedule and use the search engine! You can also watch the LIVE stream of each of our channels: Channel 8, Channel 9, and Channel 96. Please contact CCTV's Programming Coordinator, Chris Lawn, for any questions or comments.