Spiritual Revival: The Only Solution For Our Turbulent World
Spiritual Revival: The Only Solution For Our Turbulent World
Spiritual revival will focus our attention back to God again, and help us reset our priorities on eternal values, not only on the material.
God calls humanity to seek wisdom. In Proverbs 8:11:
“For wisdom is greater than rubies, and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.”
The Scripture continues:
“The fear of God is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.” Pro. 1:7
“The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, arrogance, and the evil way, and the forward mouth, do I hate.” Proverbs 8:13
1 How relevant is wisdom in our daily lives?
Wisdom allows us to make priorities in life’s choices: what is crucial in life, and not substitute it for irrelevant and material things. Wisdom gives us insight and discernment to understand material achievements at best will pass away: salvation, the knowledge of God ushers us into the presence of God at the end of our lives on earth. Wisdom, which is the fear of God tells us to depart from sin and hate evil in our lives.
Sin will destroy your life and mess it up. We are watching daily how sin is destroying people, causing them to commit suicide because of shame and consequences of sin in their lives. Daily, we hear the fall of men and women because of sin all over the world. In our own private lives, sin has caused us fear, confusion, and addiction to drugs; caused us sleeplessness.
Lack of wisdom by political leaders, spiritual leaders, corporate leaders, financial leaders, etc., is the cause of world’s turbulence and chaos. God says I hate arrogance. All over the world are leaders who reject wisdom: the fear of God, and arrogantly exalt themselves against the knowledge of God and His will.
2 The power of humility and the favor associates with it:
The Scripture says:
“Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus. Who been in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God.
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon himself the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men. And been found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Wherefore, God has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name. That at the name of Jesus, every knee should bow, of things in heaven, of things in earth, all things under the earth. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
3 Humility Vs Arrogance:
If God Himself who created us humbled Himself, took the form of a servant, and died for us on the cross, why are we so arrogant? Political leaders exalt themselves against God who exalted them: arrogantly behave like God, here in our country, and all over the world.
• The poor are oppressed all over the world by political leaders.
• Refugee crises all over the world are created by political leaders who oppress their subjects.
• Here in America, the poor have been denied healthcare-22 million people. They will die eventually without healthcare.
• No comprehensive immigration reform: causing millions to live in fear of deportation, which if it happens will profoundly affect the American economy.
• No gun control destroying thousands of Americans every year.
• The whole world is so turbulent and chaotic: “A world In Crisis.”
4 Solution to all this chaos? Spiritual revival:
The turbulence and chaos ravaging our world is laid at the feet of arrogance. Men and women who rule us have no wisdom, very arrogant and full of love for power; who don’t know what it means to lead; can’t even pass any legislation that effectively solves the problem of the people: are locked up in ruthless, bitter struggle for power, money, and arrogance. As long as it does not affect their families and friends, they don’t care. Have these political leaders read the history of great leaders in the history of the world and the Scriptures? Men and women who laid their lives for others in history as great leaders. Esther for example was a woman. It was her great humility and sacrifice that will save the Jews from annihilation in the times of Jewish exile. “If I perish I perish,” will forever be remembered of a leader who laid her live at the alter of sacrifice to save her people from annihilation.
Jesus warned His disciples with these words as they fought for power:
‘Whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister. And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant. Even as the son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister and to give his life a ransom for many. Matthew. 20:26-28
How can these destructive trends be changed? How can we find peace back in our turbulent world?
King Nebuchadnezzar was a powerful king in the Scriptures. He was so powerful and became very arrogant, and started acting like God. He built an idol and asked his subjects to worship this idol-an image instead of God.
Well, this was in the times of Jewish exile. Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego were Jewish exile. They told the king they will not worship his god. The king vowed to destroy them unless they obeyed him. They told the king ‘even if our God did not deliver us, we will not worship your god, but the living God.’
King Nebuchadnezzar made himself like God, and expected people to worship him. Out of anger because these godly Jewish men refused to obey him, he bundled them into the fire, heated seven times, and threw them into the fire to be killed.
God stepped in, sent His angel to shield the three godly men from being burnt.
“Did we not cast three men bound into the mist of the fire. They answered and said unto the king. True, O king. He answered and said: Lo I see four men loose, waking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.”
God stepped in to remind King Nebuchadnezzar there is a limit to his arrogance. He is God to be worshiped, not him.Daniel 3 & 4
This incident led to the declaration of the powerful king with these words:
Daniel 3:29-30 New International Version (NIV)
29 Therefore I decree that the people of any nation or language who say anything against the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego be cut into pieces and their houses be turned into piles of rubble, for no other god can save in this way.”
30 Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the province of Babylon.
The wisdom of these Jewish godly men, and their refusal to give in to sin of idol worship, led to spiritual revival in the heathen kingdom of Babylon. How desperately we need spiritual revival in our own turbulent time: here in America and the world! It will do the following for us:
5 In Spiritual Revival, these things will happen:
• kings, political leaders, spiritual leaders, financial and corporate leaders, individuals will remember God created them to worship Him and Him alone: not money, or power, or sex.
• Spiritual revival will humble those who do not know the Lord like king Nebuchadnezzar who confessed the Lord as God. Daniel 4:30-37 The king was humbled in this passage.
• Spiritual revival will resurrect the apostate church back to action to do what God called her to do: witness the saving grace of God. For it is not the will of God to destroy the sinner.
• Spiritual revival will bring sinners back to God who wants to save them and forgive their sins.
• Spiritual revival will alert political, spiritual, or corporate leaders a day of accountability is drawing near, and they should listen to God and repent: and do what is just for the people, or their constituents.
• Spiritual revival will avert Third World Nuclear War. Those who rule us don’t even know we are on the eve of Third World Nuclear: a war that will destroy everybody.
• Spiritual revival will set our priorities right: reminding us money, power, and sex will pass away; but whoever does the will of God will abide forever.
• Spiritual revival will bring peace back to us: not war, turbulence, and fear. God will wipe His anger against our sin and forgive us. He said: "I came that ye might have life and life abundantly.”
Even those who boast of their billions and millions can attest they may not live to enjoy their riches in these turbulent and uncertain times. We need peace back to us, and it is not found in money, power or sex. Riches are transient, but spiritual revival will give us peace again: and a desire to set our priorities right, and focus on eternal life.
Let us seek and pray for spiritual revival, a solution to our turbulent world. That means laying aside our arrogance, and seek the knowledge of God and wisdom. That will help our leaders to help the people effectively: unite, and love each other. That will bring peace back to America and the world.
Rev. Uche Ikpa.
Amarachi Film Production & Publishing
Show: Riches of God’s Grace: Cambridge Television: Thursday 5 pm