4. Training, Workshops and Certification
4. Training, Workshops and Certification
CCTV offers Members an extensive training program in multi-media production. A free Orientation session is required for Members prior to enrolling in any of CCTV classes. Class schedules are posted on the CCTV website, in the newsletter and on the scheduling calendar in the facility. Schedule brochures and special flyers are available at CCTV. Workshops are conducted on an on-going basis and new schedules are announced quarterly.
Access Members may enroll in any workshop for which they have satisfied the prerequisites; Affiliate Members are eligible to enroll in Educational Seminars only. Classes for groups can be arranged on an ad hoc basis. A minimum number of participants is required for each class to be held as scheduled.
Note: CCTV encourages Members to make proposals to teach classes that are not currently offered.
A. Class Fees
Class slots are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis, upon payment being received by CCTV. Access Members annually receive a voucher toward workshop fees. Once the voucher has been exhausted, payment for classes must be made at the time of enrollment. Affiliate Members must pay for classes at the time of enrollment. Access Members may arrange to do volunteer work in lieu of paying class fees (See D. Volunteer Opportunities). Class fees will be held until the class convenes and are refundable if CCTV cancels the class, or if a Member notifies CCTV of inability to attend at least 24 hours in advance of the first session. Members may repeat classes at half price.
If a class is full, Members may ask to be put on a waiting list.
Members are expected to notify CCTV no later than 24 hours in advance of the class by speaking to CCTV's front desk staff or leaving a message in the general voice mailbox if they are not able to attend the class. Those who fail to provide such notification will forfeit the class fee and receive a Notice of Violation (see Section Six ~ A. Violations of Policy p. 20 for more provisions on Notices of Violation). Once a Member is 15 minutes late, a person on the waiting list will be allowed to take the open slot.
C. Workshop Textbooks
CCTV has designed textbooks of workshop materials for use by Members. Textbooks may be purchased for the cost of materials (copying) or borrowed by leaving a deposit equal to that cost. The deposit will be held for one month after which the deposit will be forfeited.
D. Volunteer Opportunities
Access Members may offer to volunteer in lieu of paying class fees; volunteer hours must be completed prior to the beginning of the class. Just as with all cancellations of class attendance, Members canceling at least 24 hours in advance of the start of the class will be credited for their volunteer hours. Members who do not cancel and do not show up for a class will forfeit those volunteer hours.
E. Cancellation of Classes by CCTV
There is a posted minimum enrollment required for each class. If the minimum is not met, CCTV may cancel the class. Further, CCTV reserves the right to cancel classes at any time due to instructor illness, absent students, or at the reasonable request of the instructor.
Access Members may be certified to use facilities, check out equipment, and take advanced classes by successfully completing the appropriate workshops:
- Beginning Studio, Field, and Edit Equipment Certification: Access Members must attend all sessions of a certification course, complete required hands-on and written tests, as well as meet the standards set by CCTV staff and instructor.
- Intermediate and Advanced Classes Certification: Access Members who have completed the required pre-requisites may enroll in Intermediate and Advanced certification classes.
- Testing Out of Certification Classes: Experienced producers may be certified and by- pass classes in studio, field production, and editing by passing a written test and a hands-on demonstration of equipment skills. Access Members cannot test out of classes for technical directing and engineering. For specific equipment, CCTV may require further demonstration of proficiency.