CCTV is requesting your programming about the current coronavirus pandemic and its effect on your life. Submit here!
Programming Highlights: HONK! Festival 2013, NEW Short Films, 25 Years In 25 Weeks: 2010 & What's On This Week
Programming Highlights: HONK! Festival 2013, NEW Short Films, 25 Years In 25 Weeks: 2010 & What's On This Week
News & information about our BeLive & Community Radio Studios, current programming, special broadcast events, & what's on when!
Democracy Now! Temporary Schedule Change
Due to the Free Speech TV pledge drive taking place from Monday, December 2, 2013 through Sunday, December 15, 2013:
- The weekday noon Democracy Now! episodes on Channel 8 will air at 11:30 AM on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday for the next week and a half instead of the normal 12 PM time
- Tuesday episodes will continue to air at the normal 12 PM time
- All other Democracy Now! showings, including weekdays at 8 AM & 9 PM on Channel 9, will remain the same
CCTV appreciates your viewership and understanding!
Movie Of The Week: "Frolics On Ice"
- Child ice skating prodigy Irene Dare stars in this whimsical classic film with young love, tons of music and, of course, ice skating. Irene Dare began her acting career at the age six, and she lights up the screen with cute smirks and showcases her remarkable ability on the skating rink. Dare's grumpy uncle wants to make money off Dare and her older sister, preferably by marrying them off rich. However, amidst the songs and the skating, young little Dare sorts out her sister's relationship problems and teachers her uncle a good lesson while she's at it!
Channel 9 - Saturday at 9:00 PM
25 Years In 25 Weeks: A Retrospective
- In honor of our 25th Anniversary Celebration, Cambridge Community Television will be airing some of our best programming from the past 25 years one week and year at a time in two blocks each week! The blocks will be counting down the years, starting with 1988, every Sunday at 9:00 PM on Channel 9 & every Friday at 7:00 PM on Channel 8!
This Week: 2010
- Continue the journey back with us to 2010 - the year when the most recent U.S. Census took place, the BP oil spill devastated the Gulf Coast, the tallest man-made structure in the world (do you know what it is??) was built, and the first 24-hour flight by a solar-powered plane was completed! Tune in this week to see videos from the 2010 Summer Media Institute, an Odissi dance performance, Cambridge StoryStream, and more!
Channel 9 - Sunday, December 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Channel 8 - Friday, December 13, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Energy Efficiency Collection
- The Cambridge Energy Alliance presents this collection of short programs about energy efficiency including "Landlord Energy Efficiency", "Sprouts of Hope", "Residential Energy Efficiency", and "Local Business Energy Efficiency".
Airing this week Wednesday @ 11 AM, Thursday @ 6 PM, Friday @ 9:30 AM, Saturday @ 3:30 PM, Sunday @ 3 PM, Monday @ 12:30 PM & Tuesday @ 7 PM
Haunted Victorian Mansion Tour
- A non-profit, mini-documentary about Jason Baker Photography and the S.K. Pierce Mansion in Gardner, MA, and featuring interesting facts about the architectural restoration and reported hauntings there.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 12:30 PM, Thursday @ 10 AM, Friday @ 9 AM, Saturday @ 4 PM, Sunday @ 3:30 PM & Tuesday @ 7:30 PM
"The Dream Merchant" Interview
- Actor Gabriel Byrne interviews author Fred Waitzkin about his new novel "The Dream Merchant", and the discussion includes the nature of creativity, the process of characterization in literary fiction and film, the art of salesmanship, and the loss of the American Dream.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 2:30 PM, Thursday @ 8:30 AM, Saturday @ 11:30 AM, Sunday @ 6:30 PM & Tuesday @ 10 AM
The Hip-Hop Transformation
- A group of Cambridge Teenagers perform their own compositions of "pro-social hip-hop songs" as part of a partnership between the Cambridge Arts Council, the Cambridge Community Center, and the Cambridge Police Department.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 6 PM, Thursday @ 2:30 PM, Friday @ 8:30 AM, Saturday @ 3 PM, Sunday @ 6 PM & Tuesday @ 10:30 AM
Primetime! Presents: Alchemilla
- The final project of CCTV's Primetime! Beginning Studio Production class featuring a musical performance by the alternative rock band "Alchemilla" along with an interview with them.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 6:30 PM, Thursday @ 9 AM, Saturday @ 8 AM & Monday @ 6 PM
Cambridge Carnival 2013
- Host Clyde Hicks checks out the 2013 Cambridge Carnival and showcases some of the sights and sounds there!
Airing this week Thursday @ 10:30 AM, Friday @ 2:30 PM, Saturday @ 4:30 PM, Sunday @ 2:30 PM, Monday @ 11 PM & Tuesday @ 9:30 PM
Eat Smart & Keep Moving - Part 2
- Part 2 of two programs featuring healthy living and lifestyle activities that make Cambridge a great place to live! Co-produced with the Cambridge Public Health Department.
Airing this week Thursday @ 12:30 PM & Sunday @ 9 AM
Together Festival 2013 - Part 1
- A program featuring Day 1 of the Together Festival - an annual celebration of music, art, and technology, based in Cambridge, MA. Hosts Maurice Wilkey, Erik Brown, and Todd Rapisarda head out to the Museum of Science and the Sinclair Club to conduct interviews with some of the attendees.
Airing this week Thursday @ 6:30 PM & Sunday @ 2 PM
- Would you trust someone with your credit card? A film by Lynette Laveau-Saxe, Diya Wadhwa and Erik Brown featuring the tale of a family real estate broker becoming nameless. Produced as part of the Drama Club production group in 2011 in Cambridge, MA.
Airing this week Thursday @ 10:30 PM, Friday @ 12:30 PM & Sunday @ 10:30 AM
- Using a mixture of still photographs and video, this short film depicts a man who goes on a spiritual journey via his dreams and experiences and faces different parts of himself and his subconscious.
Airing this week Thursday @ 11 PM & Friday @ 10 AM
NEW! The Harp Show: Elizabeth Morse
- Host Al Marotta presents "The Harp Show", featuring a studio performance by the lovely and talented harpist Elizabeth Morse, accompanied by Daniel Monte, playing a mixture of classic and contemporary tunes.
Premiering this week Saturday @ 5 PM, Sunday @ 7:30 PM & Monday @ 10 AM
NEW! Bill & Billy Horn
- A program featuring CCR and BeLive host Bill Robinson interviewing himself about the various musical instruments he plays as well as playing music to his "other half".
Premiering this week Saturday @ 6 PM, Sunday @ 7 PM & Monday @ 9:30 AM
CCTV Short Films Extravaganza
- Every week, CCTV will air new and current member-made short films together in an unstoppable block of entertainment! Tune in every Sunday and Tuesday evening for a chance to laugh, cry, learn, and be inspired! This week's shorts (in the order they will air): NEW! "Suffocation" Music Video, NEW! "Boston United", NEW! "CCR Promo: Angel Of The Airwaves", "NeighborMedia: Honk! Fest 2013", "Fort Washington: Then & Now", "Lost in a Club" Music Video, "Haddis Girma Field Day 2013", "NeighborMedia: Parking Day", Music Video: "Somewhere in 1950's Suburbia", "A Day in the Life of GetMoneyluck", "The Buddha Head", Cambridge Carnival 2013 Promo, "Little Little Life" Trailer
NOTE: For a complete list of the current short films playing in between our regularly schedules programming please visit: www.cctvcambridge.org/shorts
Airing this week Tuesday @ 6 PM
BeLive: Women Speak
- Mary Leno and Tess Ewing present interviews and discussion about women's careers and women in the workplace.
Airs this Wednesday and the 1st Wednesday of every month @ 5:30 PM
- Host Rochelle Shokoti presents an awareness-based talk show focusing on connecting people through productive, constructive, and positive dialogue for social change.
Airs this Wednesday and the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of every month @ 7:30 PM
NEW TIME! BeLive: Truth Or Consequences?!
- Host Rose Ann Gilmer discusses issues regarding health and nutrition and dispels some of the myths surrounding them.
Airs this Wednesday and the 1st & 2nd & 4th Wednesday of every month @ 8 PM
NEW! Food for Thought: Let's Talk about Food Allergies
- A lecture at the Cambridge Public Library by Dr. Wayne Shreffler, Chief of Pediatric Allergy & Immunology at Mass General Hospital and Director of the Food Allergy Center, discussing various issues surrounding food allergies.
Premiering this week Friday @ 6:30 PM, Saturday @ 7 PM & Sunday @ 1 PM
NEW! HONK! Festival 2013
- A program showcasing the music, sights, sounds, and performances at the 2013 HONK! Festival - an annual gathering of radical activist street bands that converges in Davis Square in Somerville, MA.
Premiering this week Friday @ 8 PM, Saturday @ 6 PM & Sunday @ 2:30 PM
BeLive: Whole Health
- Host Lawrence Ferrara discusses health and nutrition.
Airs this Sunday and the 2nd & 4th Sunday of every month @ 5 PM
- NeighborMedia Coordinator Frank Morris discusses and showcases the latest citizen journalism pieces produced by Cambridge residents involved in the NeighborMedia program.
Airs this Monday and the 2nd & 4th Monday of every month @ 6 PM
BeLive: Wisdom & Song
- William Hamill, a classically trained countertenor, sings and performs.
Airs this Tuesday and the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of every month @ 4:30 PM
A Close Look: How Will We Feed the World of Tomorrow?
- One billion people go hungry every day despite decades of efforts and promising forecasts of science and the agro-industry. How can these people and even more be fed in the future? Or is it a question of land ownership and our relationship to food, the soil, and to Mother Eart as a whole? Tune in as a group of panelists discusses these issues! Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 7 AM, Thursday @ 3 PM, Friday @ 7 AM, Saturday @ 12 PM, Monday @ 7 AM & Tuesday @ 10:30 AM
Science Panel: Organ Donation Risks & Effects
- A program, presented by Radio Santec, featuring a panel discussion about the risks, effects, and issues involved with organ donation.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 9:30 AM, Thursday @ 2 PM, Saturday @ 9:30 AM, Sunday @ 7:30 AM & Tuesday @ 7 AM
Fish: The Last of Their Kind?
- A panel of experts discuss the science, history, and ethics surrounding fish and what humans can do to protect this fascinating creature.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 1:30 PM, Thursday @ 10 AM, Friday @ 3:30 PM, Saturday @ 11:30 AM, Sunday @ 8 PM & Tuesday @ 11:30 PM
Astrophysics Today: On Track of the Big Bang
- A panel of scientists discuss how they are learning more about the beginning of the universe as well as what might have happened before the Big Bang.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 11:30 PM, Thursday @ 10:30 AM, Saturday @ 11 AM, Sunday @ 9:30 AM & Tuesday @ 7:30 AM
- Hosts Bishawjit Saha & Suhas Barua visit Nasim Parbin Paru's garden and interview her about her horticultural hobby.
Airing this week Thursday @ 7 AM, Saturday @ 10 AM & Tuesday @ 9:30 AM
Taken by the Word: Freedom of Religion
- A program that asks: "If there is only one God, then why the many religions?" A group of panelists discuss this issue and ask viewers to think about the question that if someone has to make a choice between God and individual churches, what will they choose?
Airing this week Thursday @ 4 PM, Friday @ 8 AM, Saturday @ 3 PM, Monday @ 8 AM & Tuesday @ 1 PM
International Mother Language Day
- A culturally engaging musical celebration of International Mother Language Day which took place on Thursday, February 21, 2013. Presented by the Bangladesh Association of New England.
Airing this week Thursday @ 11:30 PM & Saturday @ 7:30 AM
NEW! Meat File
- Humans' increasing meat consumption determines our future. The steadily growing meat production sector has drastic consequences not only for the ecological and climactic balance of the Earth, but also for our health. But where does meat come from and under what circumstances is it produced? "Meat File" provides horrifying facts about livestock production, animal husbandry and slaughter, as weall as the effects on people and the planet.
Premiering this week Saturday @ 5 PM, Sunday @ 7 PM, Monday @ 9 AM & Tuesday @ 3 PM
Short films and videos that are 10 minutes or less are scheduled randomly throughout the channels to give them more exposure and to entertain and enlighten our Cambridge audience in between our regularly scheduled programs. Click here to view a listing of the short videos currently playing on our channels!
To view our current schedule at any time, visit http://www.cctvcambridge.org/schedule
If you have any questions about CCTV programming, what's on when, or if you would like to get your own BeLive or Community Radio show, feel free to contact:
Chris Lawn, Programming Coordinator
See you next week!