CCTV is requesting your programming about the current coronavirus pandemic and its effect on your life. Submit here!
Programming Highlights: Cambridge Carnival 2013, 25 Years In 25 Weeks: 2008 & What's On This Week
Programming Highlights: Cambridge Carnival 2013, 25 Years In 25 Weeks: 2008 & What's On This Week
News & information about our BeLive & Community Radio Studios, current programming, special broadcast events, & what's on when!
Movie Of The Week: "Royal Wedding"
- Fred Astaire and Jane Powell star as brother-and-sister stage performers Tom and Ellen Bowen who embark to open their show in England around the same time as Queen Elizabeth's wedding. Innocent-seeming Ellen is a female Don Juan and doesn't take dancing as seriously as brother Tom. On shipboard, she meets her match, Lord John Brindale. Already in London, confirmed bachelor Tom auditions and is taken with cool dancer Anne Ashmond. Will romance break up the act?
Channel 9 - Saturday at 9:00 PM
25 Years In 25 Weeks: A Retrospective
- In honor of our 25th Anniversary Celebration, Cambridge Community Television will be airing some of our best programming from the past 25 years one week and year at a time in two blocks each week! The blocks will be counting down the years, starting with 1988, every Sunday at 9:00 PM on Channel 9 & every Friday at 7:00 PM on Channel 8!
This Week: 2008 - CCTV's 20th Anniversary
- Continue the journey back with us to 2008 - the year when stock markets around the world crashed at the start of the ongoing economic crisis, Fidel Castro announced his resignation as President of Cuba, Michael Phelps set a new world record for most gold medals won at single Olympics, and Bernie Madoff was (finally!) arrested for his decades-long Ponzi scheme! Tune in this week to see videos from our 20-Hour Production Marathon, the CCTV 20th Anniversary Concert, a Pre-Kwanzaa Celebration, a performance by the Cambridge Community Chorus, and more!
Channel 9 - Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Channel 8 - Friday, November 29, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Haunted Victorian Mansion Tour
- A non-profit, mini-documentary about Jason Baker Photography and the S.K. Pierce Mansion in Gardner, MA, and featuring interesting facts about the architectural restoration and reported hauntings there.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 11 AM, Thursday @ 10 AM, Friday @ 9 AM, Sunday @ 6:30 PM & Tuesday @ 7:30 PM
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Energy Efficiency Collection
- The Cambridge Energy Alliance presents this collection of short programs about energy efficiency including "Landlord Energy Efficiency", "Sprouts of Hope", "Residential Energy Efficiency", and "Local Business Energy Efficiency".
Airing this week Wednesday @ 11:30 AM, Friday @ 9:30 AM, Sunday @ 6 PM, Monday @ 10:30 AM & Tuesday @ 7 PM
"The Dream Merchant" Interview
- Actor Gabriel Byrne interviews author Fred Waitzkin about his new novel "The Dream Merchant", and the discussion includes the nature of creativity, the process of characterization in literary fiction and film, the art of salesmanship, and the loss of the American Dream.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 2:30 PM, Thursday @ 8:30 AM, Saturday @ 6 PM, Sunday @ 7:30 PM & Monday @ 9:30 AM
The Hip-Hop Transformation
- A group of Cambridge Teenagers perform their own compositions of "pro-social hip-hop songs" as part of a partnership between the Cambridge Arts Council, the Cambridge Community Center, and the Cambridge Police Department.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 6 PM, Thursday @ 2:30 PM, Friday @ 8:30 AM, Sunday @ 7 PM & Monday @ 10 AM
Primetime! Presents: Alchemilla
- The final project of CCTV's Primetime! Beginning Studio Production class featuring a musical performance by the alternative rock band "Alchemilla" along with an interview with them.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 6:30 PM, Thursday @ 9 AM, Saturday @ 3 PM, Monday @ 6 PM & Tuesday @ 10 AM
A7P Presents: "The SambaLolo Band"
- The SambaLolo Band, an African band from Mali, performs at the Atwood Cafe Club in Cambridge, MA with guest drummer Glen Grant. Produced by Angel Aiguier.
Airing this week Thursday @ 10:30 AM, Saturday @ 4 PM & Sunday @ 6:30 AM
Eat Smart & Keep Moving - Part 2
- Part 2 of two programs featuring healthy living and lifestyle activities that make Cambridge a great place to live! Co-produced with the Cambridge Public Health Department.
Airing this week Thursday @ 6 PM, Friday @ 2:30 PM, Saturday @ 11:30 AM & Sunday @ 2 PM
Together Festival 2013 - Part 1
- A program featuring Day 1 of the Together Festival - an annual celebration of music, art, and technology, based in Cambridge, MA. Hosts Maurice Wilkey, Erik Brown, and Todd Rapisarda head out to the Museum of Science and the Sinclair Club to conduct interviews with some of the attendees.
Airing this week Thursday @ 6:30 PM & Sunday @ 10:30 AM
- Would you trust someone with your credit card? A film by Lynette Laveau-Saxe, Diya Wadhwa and Erik Brown featuring the tale of a family real estate broker becoming nameless. Produced as part of the Drama Club production group in 2011 in Cambridge, MA.
Airing this week Thursday @ 10:30 PM, Friday @ 10:30 AM & Sunday @ 9 AM
- Using a mixture of still photographs and video, this short film depicts a man who goes on a spiritual journey via his dreams and experiences and faces different parts of himself and his subconscious.
Airing this week Thursday @ 11 PM & Friday @ 10 AM
Thanksgiving at the Tavern
- In honor of Thanksgiving, CCTV will be airing this special featuring Clyde Hicks interviewing people at the free 2012 Thanksgiving dinner for those in need, which took place at the Tavern in Central Square.
Airing this week Saturday @ 8 AM & Sunday @ 2:30 PM
NEW! Cambridge Carnival 2013
- Host Clyde Hicks checks out the 2013 Cambridge Carnival and showcases some of the sights and sounds there!
Premiering this week Sunday @ 3:30 PM, Monday @ 11 PM & Tuesday @ 9:30 PM
CCTV Short Films Extravaganza
- Every week, CCTV will air new and current member-made short films together in an unstoppable block of entertainment! Tune in every Sunday and Tuesday evening for a chance to laugh, cry, learn, and be inspired! This week's shorts (in the order they will air): "NeighborMedia: Honk! Fest 2013", "Fort Washington: Then & Now", "Lost in a Club" Music Video, "Haddis Girma Field Day 2013", "NeighborMedia: Parking Day", Music Video: "Somewhere in 1950's Suburbia", "A Day in the Life of GetMoneyluck", "The Buddha Head", Cambridge Carnival 2013 Promo, "Little Little Life" Trailer, "Murphy Brown Star" Music Video, "Thank You, CCTV!" & "Hundo Music Recordings"
NOTE: For a complete list of the current short films playing in between our regularly schedules programming please visit: www.cctvcambridge.org/shorts
Airing this week Sunday @ 5 PM & Tuesday @ 6 PM
- Host Rochelle Shokoti presents an awareness-based talk show focusing on connecting people through productive, constructive, and positive dialogue for social change.
Airs this Wednesday and the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of every month @ 7:30 PM
BeLive: Sound And Vision
- A monthly show, hosted by Beth Walsh, featuring local visual and performing artists' work and exhibits along with talks, interviews, discussions, and reviews of artists' work on their websites or blogs.
Airs this Wednesday and the 3rd Wednesday of every month @ 8 PM
BeLive: Nubia Now & Then
- A cultural program, hosted by Vicki Meredith, that focuses on the history and current events of the Nubian society in Egypt.
Airs this Wednesday and the 1st & 3rd Thursday of every month @ 8:30 PM
BeLive: Seniors Needed
- Host Robert S. Hurlbut discusses issues and topics of interest concerning and relevant to the senior citizens of Cambridge.
Airs this Friday and the 4th Friday of every month @ 4 PM
- Cambridge READS presents Edwidge Danticat, author of "Claire of the Sea Light", and an expression dance performance by Jean Appolon.
Airing this week Friday @ 6 PM, Saturday @ 7:30 PM & Sunday @ 1 PM
A Discussion About Trayvon Martin
- Charles Ogletree, Harvard Law School professor and author, discusses lessons learned from the death of Trayvon Martin.
Airing this week Friday @ 7:30 PM, Saturday @ 6 PM & Sunday @ 2:30 PM
BeLive: Whole Health
- Host Lawrence Ferrara discusses health and nutrition.
Airs this Sunday and the 2nd & 4th Sunday of every month @ 5 PM
- NeighborMedia Coordinator Frank Morris discusses and showcases the latest citizen journalism pieces produced by Cambridge residents involved in the NeighborMedia program.
Airs this Monday and the 2nd & 4th Monday of every month @ 6 PM
BeLive: Wisdom & Song
- William Hamill, a classically trained countertenor, sings and performs.
Airs this Tuesday and the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of every month @ 4:30 PM
A Close Look: How Will We Feed the World of Tomorrow?
- One billion people go hungry every day despite decades of efforts and promising forecasts of science and the agro-industry. How can these people and even more be fed in the future? Or is it a question of land ownership and our relationship to food, the soil, and to Mother Eart as a whole? Tune in as a group of panelists discusses these issues! Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 7 AM, Thursday @ 4 PM, Friday @ 8 AM, Saturday @ 3 PM, Monday @ 8 AM & Tuesday @ 1 PM
Science Panel: Organ Donation Risks & Effects
- A program, presented by Radio Santec, featuring a panel discussion about the risks, effects, and issues involved with organ donation.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 9:30 AM, Thursday @ 2 PM, Friday @ 3:30 PM, Saturday @ 10:30 AM, Sunday @ 7:30 AM & Tuesday @ 9:30 AM
Fish: The Last of Their Kind?
- A panel of experts discuss the science, history, and ethics surrounding fish and what humans can do to protect this fascinating creature.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 1:30 PM, Thursday @ 3 PM, Saturday @ 12:30 PM, Sunday @ 8 PM, Monday @ 7:30 AM & Tuesday @ 11:30 PM
Astrophysics Today: On Track of the Big Bang
- A panel of scientists discuss how they are learning more about the beginning of the universe as well as what might have happened before the Big Bang.
Airing this week Wednesday @ 11:30 PM, Thursday @ 3:30 PM, Saturday @ 12 PM, Sunday @ 9:30 AM, Monday @ 7 AM & Tuesday @ 10 AM
- Hosts Bishawjit Saha & Suhas Barua visit Nasim Parbin Paru's garden and interview her about her horticultural hobby.
Airing this week Thursday @ 10 AM, Friday @ 7 AM, Saturday @ 11 AM & Tuesday @ 10:30 AM
International Mother Language Day
- An culturally engaging musical celebration of International Mother Language Day which took place on Thursday, February 21, 2013. Presented by the Bangladesh Association of New England.
Airing this week Thursday @ 11:30 PM, Saturday @ 7:30 AM & Tuesday @ 7:30 AM
NEW! Taken by the Word: Freedom of Religion
- A program that asks: "If there is only one God, then why the many religions?" A group of panelists discuss this issue and ask viewers to think about the question that if someone has to make a choice between God and individual churches, what will they choose?
Premiering this week Saturday @ 5 PM, Sunday @ 7 PM, Monday @ 9 AM & Tuesday @ 3 PM
Short films and videos that are 10 minutes or less are scheduled randomly throughout the channels to give them more exposure and to entertain and enlighten our Cambridge audience in between our regularly scheduled programs. Click here to view a listing of the short videos currently playing on our channels!
To view our current schedule at any time, visit http://www.cctvcambridge.org/schedule
If you have any questions about CCTV programming, what's on when, or if you would like to get your own BeLive or Community Radio show, feel free to contact:
Chris Lawn, Programming Coordinator
See you next week!