Programming Highlights: CCTV Back Lot BBQ 2013 LIVE, Paru Garden, NEW Short Films, 25 Years In 25 Weeks: 2000 & What's On This Week!
Programming Highlights: CCTV Back Lot BBQ 2013 LIVE, Paru Garden, NEW Short Films, 25 Years In 25 Weeks: 2000 & What's On This Week!
News & information about our BeLive & Community Radio Studios, current programming, special broadcast events, & what's on when!
CCTV Back Lot BBQ 2013 LIVE!
This year's BBQ will feature food grilled by local chefs, Live music by Zili Misik, a silent auction, and the presentation of the Leading Role Award to the Founding Board of Directors at CCTV. Robin Young, co-host of Here and Now on WBUR, and Dan Kennedy, media critic and journalism professor at Northeastern University, will both be inducted onto CCTV’s Honorary Board. All funds raised through this year’s BBQ will support CCTV’s year-round Youth Media Program, which fosters healthy youth development by involving teens in activities that promote media art, career, and leadership skills while exploring issues affecting our community. Tune Live in to join the fun:
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
COMING SOON! 25-Hour BeLive Marathon!
In honor of our 25th Anniversary, CCTV will be hosting a 25-Hour BeLive Marathon consisting of 50 back-to-back BeLive episodes:
Friday, October 4, 2013 @ 4:00 PM
Saturday, October 5, 2013 @ 5:00 PM
The Marathon is open to ALL Access Members, Cambridge Residents & Cambridge Candidates! No prior experience is necessary. CCTV welcomes and encourages all to sign up!!!
If you are interested in signing up for your BeLive Marathon spot, contact
CCTV Programming Coordinator Chris Lawn - email@example.com OR 617-661-6900
25 Years In 25 Weeks: A Retrospective
- In honor of our 25th Anniversary Celebration, Cambridge Community Television will be airing some of our best programming from the past 25 years one week and year at a time in two blocks each week! The blocks will be counting down the years, starting with 1988, every Sunday at 9:00 PM on Channel 9 & every Friday at 7:00 PM on Channel 8!
This Week: 2000
- Continue the journey back with us to the turn of the millenium - the year when the Dot-Com Bubble hit its peak, the final original Peanuts comic strip was published, Vladmir Putin was elected president of Russia, and Dora the Explorer debuted on Nickelodeon! Tune in this week to see the National Night Out Against Crime, the Domestic Partnership Rally at Cambridge City Hall, a studio production class featuring the beloved Brother Blue, and more!
Channel 9 - Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Channel 8 - Friday, October 4, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Movie Of The Week: "The Mark of Zorro"
- In old Spanish California, the oppressive colonial government is opposed by Zorro, masked champion of the people, who appears out of nowhere with a flashing sword and an athletic sense of humor - scarring the faces of evildoers with his mark. Meanwhile, beautiful Lolita is courted by villainous Captain Ramon, rich but effete Don Diego... and dashing Zorro, who is mysteriously never seen at the same time as Don Diego...
Channel 9 - Saturday at 9:00 PM
NEW key light installed in the Radio Room which will better light all of the producers' pretty faces for the camera and allow folks at home to have a sharper and more clear image of the hosts! Tune in weekdays from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM to check out our awesome Community Radio programming!
BeLive Studio: Current Open Timeslots
- Mondays at 7:00 PM
- Wednesdays at 5:00 PM & 8:30 PM
Cambridge Community Radio "CCR" Studio: Current Open Timeslots
- Mondays at 2:00 PM-4:00 PM
- Tuesdays at 2:00 PM-3:00 PM
- Wednesdays at 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Thursdays at 12:00 PM-2:00 PM
- Fridays at 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
4th of July Celebration 2013
- Host & CCTV producer Clyde Hicks explores the 2013 Cambridge 4th of July celebration by talking to people and showing the sights and sounds around Memorial Drive and the Esplanade.
Airing this week Wednesday at 11:00 AM, Friday at 9:30 AM, Monday at 7:00 PM & Tuesday at 6:00 PM
Together Festival 2013 - Part 1
- A program featuring Day 1 of the Together Festival - an annual celebration of music, art, and technology, based in Cambridge, MA. Hosts Maurice Wilkey, Erik Brown, and Todd Rapisarda head out to the Museum of Science and the Sinclair Club to conduct interviews with some of the attendees.
Airing this week Wednesday at 2:30 PM, Thursday at 8:30 AM, Saturday at 6:00 PM & Sunday at 6:30 PM
Artists of Color
- A program discussing and promoting the Festival of Arts & Culture at the Reggie Lewis Athletic Center in Boston, MA, on Saturday, October 5, 2013. The Festival is a fundraiser, reunion, and celebration of the 38th Anniversary of Art of Black Dance & Music, Inc.
Airing this week Thursday at 9:00 AM, Sunday at 7:00 PM, Monday at 6:00 PM & Tuesday at 10:00 AM
Eat Smart & Keep Moving - Part 1
- Part 1 of two programs featuring healthy living and lifestyle activities that make Cambridge a great place to live! Co-produced with the Cambridge Public Health Department.
Airing this week Thursday at 10:00 AM, Friday at 6:00 PM, Sunday at 5:00 PM & Tuesday at 7:00 PM
- A program featuring over 100 people participating in a "Remembering Hiroshima" procession and memorial event on Tuesday, August 6, 2013, in honor of the 68th anniversary of the U.S. nuclear bombing of Hiroshima, Japan.
Airing this week Thursday at 11:00 AM, Saturday at 4:00 PM & Monday at 10:30 AM
Cambridge Open Studios 2013: Dan Lynn Watt & Molly Lynn Watt
- A program featuring excerpts from the full-length live performance of the docudrama "George and Ruth: Songs and Letters of the Spanish Civil War", featuring Dan Lynn Watt and Molly Lynn Watt.
Airing this week Thursday at 2:30 PM, Friday at 12:30 PM, Saturday at 11:30 AM & Sunday at 3:00 PM
- Would you trust someone with your credit card? A film by Lynette Laveau-Saxe, Diya Wadhwa and Erik Brown featuring the tale of a family real estate broker becoming nameless. Produced as part of the Drama Club production group in 2011 in Cambridge, MA.
Airing this week Thursday at 6:00 PM, Saturday at 3:00 PM, Sunday at 6:00 PM & Tuesday at 12:30 PM
- Using a mixture of still photographs and video, this short film depicts a man who goes on a spiritual journey via his dreams and experiences and faces different parts of himself and his subconscious.
Airing this week Thursday at 6:30 PM, Saturday at 3:30 PM, Sunday at 3:30 PM, Monday at 11:00 PM & Tuesday at 10:00 AM
Cambridge Open Studios 2013: The Poetry MashUp with Toni Bee
- Host Toni Bee presents a series of writers and artists reading poetry, performing spoken word pieces, and reminiscing on the subjects that inspire their works.
Airing this week Thursday at 10:30 PM, Friday at 8:30 AM & Saturday at 8:00 AM
The Harp Show: Maria Rindenello-Parker
- Host Al Marotta presents The Harp Show, featuring a studio performance by the lovely and talented harpist Maria Rindenello-Parker.
Airing this week Friday at 2:30 PM, Saturday at 5:00 PM, Sunday at 10:30 AM, Monday at 12:30 PM & Tuesday at 9:30 PM
Life Story of Lynette
- A profile piece Lynette Laveau-Saxe featuring an interview with her where she tells her personal story and discusses some of her beliefs and philosophies about life.
Airing this week Saturday at 9:00 AM, Sunday at 2:00 PM & Monday at 9:30 AM
NOTE: There will be NO new Live CCR or BeLive shows on Wednesday, September 26, 2013 due to the Annual CCTV Back Lot BBQ. However, we encourage you to tune in to the BBQ LIVE at 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM on Channel 8!
BeLive: Seniors Needed
- Host Robert S. Hurlbut discusses issues and topics of interest concerning and relevant to the senior citizens of Cambridge.
Airs this Friday and the 4th Friday of every month at 4:00 PM
CCTV Short Films Marathon!
- The marathon collection of short films, videos, and NeighborMedia pieces produced in 2013 will continue this weekend! Tune in to see all of your favorite shorts from the past year and enjoy some new ones while you're at it!
Airing this week Friday at 6:00 PM
BeLive: Whole Wealth
- Host Lawrence Ferrara discusses health and nutrition.
Airs this Sunday and the 2nd & 4th Sunday of every month at 5:00 PM
NAME CHANGE! BeLive: Science of Joy (Formerly "BeLive: Emotional Talk")
- Co-hosts Shalhavit Cohen & Boriana Zaneva discuss the science and psychology of how joy works as well as how emotions affect the relationships in our everyday lives.
Airs this Tuesday and the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:30 PM
A New Year - A New Life
- A religious program featuring a voice-over, accompanied by videos and images of nature, discussing what it means to have a new life when one is reborn through the faith in and love of Jesus and God.
Airing this week Wednesday at 7:00 AM, Thursday at 11:30 PM, Friday at 8:00 AM, Sunday at 9:30 AM, Monday at 8:00 AM & Tuesday at 5:30 PM
Bodhisattvas Springing Up in the U.S.
- A short documentery about Rissho Kosei-kai, a buddhist organization which started in Japan and is now becoming widely popular in other countries, whose mission is to educate others about the teachings of Buddha and to propagate charity and human service around the world.
Airing this week Wednesday at 7:30 AM, Thursday at 2:00 PM, Friday at 8:30 AM, Saturday at 12:30 PM, Sunday at 12:00 PM, Monday at 7:00 AM & Tuesday at 1:30 PM
Science Panel: Organ Donation Risks & Effects
- A program, presented by Radio Santec, featuring a panel discussion about the risks, effects, and issues involved with organ donation.
Airing this week Wednesday at 1:30 PM, Thursday at 3:30 PM, Friday at 7:30 AM, Saturday at 3:30 PM, Sunday at 8:00 PM, Monday at 8:30 AM & Tuesday at 11:30 PM
International Mother Language Day
- An culturally engaging musical celebration of International Mother Language Day which took place on Thursday, February 21, 2013. Presented by the Bangladesh Association of New England.
Airing this week Wednesday at 11:30 PM, Thursday at 3:00 PM, Friday at 3:30 PM, Saturday at 3:00 PM, Sunday at 12:30 PM, Monday at 7:30 AM & Tuesday at 5:00 PM
Focal Point: Earth - Life In The Forest
- An in-depth study of life in the forests and oceans on earth, how animals are treated and affected by humans, and a look at the general beauty of God's creation. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Thursday at 10:00 AM & Saturday at 9:30 AM
The Living Will Envy The Dead
- A group of panelists discuss this title statement, found in the Bible in the revelation of John by the prophet Jeremiah, and analyze what it means in a modern context as well as the importance of God in combatting its implications. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Thursday at 11:00 AM, Saturday at 11:30 AM & Tuesday at 9:30 AM
Bangladesh Association Of New England Panel
- Previous past presidents of the Bangladesh Association of New England (BANE) discuss their experiences and personal histories with the organization.
Airing this week Thursday at 4:00 PM, Saturday at 10:30 AM & Tuesday at 3:00 PM
The Inner Physician & Healer
- A guided meditation, using voice-over and images of nature, which encourages healing and relaxation through spirituality and faith in God.
Airing this week Saturday at 7:30 AM & Sunday at 7:30 AM
NEW! Paru Garden
- Hosts Bishawjit Saha & Suhas Barua visit Nasim Parbin Paru's garden and interview her about her horticultural hobby.
Premiering this week Saturday at 5:00 PM, Sunday at 7:00 PM, Monday at 9:00 AM & Tuesday at 10:30 AM
Short films and videos that are 10 minutes or less are scheduled randomly throughout the channels to give them more exposure and to entertain and enlighten our Cambridge audience in between our regularly scheduled programs. Here are some of the short videos you can see on our channels now:
NEW! The Sprouts of Hope
- A public service announcement in which student members of the Sprouts of Hope organization discuss energy efficiency and encourage environmental sustainability for the City of Cambridge.
NEW! "Little Little Life" Trailer
- A trailer for an upcoming documentary about a single mom working hard to give her son the best future she possibly can.
NEW! "Murphy Brown Star" Music Video
- A music video for the song "Murphy Brown Star" by V. Winderz, C Trux, & Laura. Featuring Horny Mori. Filmed and produced by Erik Brown.
Thank You, CCTV!
- A short video featuring CCTV members winning prizes at the 2013 Alliance for Community Media awards during the 15th Annual Video Festival which took place in Methuen, MA, on Saturday, April 13, 2013.
Hundo Music Recordings
- A short piece featuring the music group "Hundo Music" recording a few singles.
- A highlight profile piece about Baby U - an innovative program in Cambridge, MA, designed for parents with children pre-natal to age 3. The program aims to: increase parents’ knowledge on a variety of child-rearing topics, strengthen parent-child relationships, break parental isolation, and connect parents to beneficial community resources.
an |untitled| short
- Something is coming, and only Nellie knows what...
My Sister's Hair, My Mother's Hands, My Grandmother's Scissors
- Sophie Bodnar explores cinema verité style by featuring a moment of her mother cutting her sister's hair with her grandmother's scissors.
Outloud Music Video
- A music video, shot in and around Cambridge, of the song "InDianna" by the band Outloud.
- A dramatic piece produced in 2012 by the CCTV Drama Club production group in Cambridge, MA.
This Just In!
- Produced as part of the CCTV Drama Club production group in 2011, this program features a spoof news broadcast with multiple surprise twists!
Cherrie Bomb: LIVE at The Burren
- A short video of a LIVE performance by the band "Cherrie Bomb" at The Burren in Somverville, MA.
NeighborMedia: The Face of Harvard Square
- A short NeighborMedia profile piece about Antonio Maycott, a spray paint artist based out of Harvard Square.
Demystifying Bipolar Disorder
- Dr. Jane Erb, a psychiatrist at Brigham And Women's Hospital in Boston, MA, discusses her experience treating adults with mood and anxiety disorders, specifically bipolar disorder.
Spotlight On ZuZu: Local Community Art
- A short profile peace about the local restaurant and nightclub ZuZu, located in Central Square in Cambridge, MA, featuring customer interviews and an overview by manager Abby Bower of the local community art featured at the restaurant.
NeighborMedia: Community Swim in the Charles River
- On July 13, 2013, swimmers jumped into the newly cleaned up Charles River for the first time in 50 years, and Maurice Wilkey was on the scene to talk to them about it! Presented by NeighborMedia.
How to Become a BeLive Producer
- Programming Coordinator Chris Lawn discusses the process and the necessary steps to becoming a BeLive producer at Cambridge Community Television.
- A short film in which a girl discovers herself in a world of mystery and illusion.
- A musician is playing an invisible flute and when a local Cambridge resident walks up to him and asks him why he can't see the flute, the musician shows him a real flute and discusses the benefits of getting involved with CCTV.
How To Roll A Cigarette
- Steve Helfer, longtime host of the BeLive show "The Smoking Section" and smokers' rights advocate, demonstrates how to use a Gizeh rolling machine to roll a cigarette.
Spotlight on ZuZu: It's Delicious!
- A short profile peace about the local restaurant and nightclub ZuZu, located in Central Square, featuring interviews and an introduction of new menu items by Chef Anthony DeStefano.
Cambridge Community Day 2012
- A short profile piece about Cambridge Community Day 2012 - a celebratory family fun day filled with music and dancing presented by the Cambridge Community Center.
National Dance For Obama 2012
- Anjali Khurana, founder and director for the National Dance For Obama, describes what she hopes to accomplish with a series of international flash mobs geared towards sparking voter participation in the 2012 Presidential Election.
- A short thriller, made during the 2013 48-Hour Film Festival in Boston, about a man who is forced to feed his daughter blood after she accidentally ingests a substance made in his lab.
X Marks Another Spot
- A short animation piece, made by Erik Brown using Motion, featuring numerous animated "X"s.
Cambridge Food Truck Festival 2013
- A short profile piece about the 2013 Cambridge Food Truck Festival - one event of many across New England and outside of New England which introduces communities across the country to the growing phenomenon of gourmet good trucks while supporting and promoting the small business owners who run them.
CCTV Gallery Artists: Beth Redmond Walsh
- A short profile piece featuring artist and CCTV member Beth Redmond Walsh, who recently had her art featured in the Karen Aqua Gallery at Cambridge Community Television, taking a few minutes to answer some questions about her art display.
Digital Storytelling: "I'm OK"
- A video produced in the Digital Storytelling class of a poem, accompanied by pictures, about a man trying to convince himself and his ex-wife that he's OK after their break-up.
Video Portrait: A Friend Who Was Always There
- A Video Portrait by Michael Gibson of a loving and loyal dog named Chief.
Video Portrait: Cambridge Riverfest 2013
- A Video Portrait by Todd Rapisarda featuring a compilation of scenes and highlights from the 2013 Cambridge Riverfest.
Video Portrait: Ollie & Bianca @ Riverfest
- A short Video Portrait piece of Ollie & Bianca - street musicians and performers from Harvard Square who play instruments, juggle, make balloon art, and do face-painting! Produced and filmed by Erik Brown.
To view our current schedule at any time, visit http://www.cctvcambridge.org/schedule
If you have any questions about CCTV programming, what's on when, or if you would like to get your own BeLive or Community Radio show, feel free to contact:
Chris Lawn, Programming Coordinator
See you next week!