CCTV is requesting your programming about the current coronavirus pandemic and its effect on your life. Submit here!
Programming Highlights: Short Films Marathon, CCTV Closed For Labor Day, 25 Years In 25 Weeks: 1996 & What's On This Week
Programming Highlights: Short Films Marathon, CCTV Closed For Labor Day, 25 Years In 25 Weeks: 1996 & What's On This Week
News & information about our BeLive & Community Radio Studios, current programming, special broadcast events, & what's on when!
25 Years In 25 Weeks: A Retrospective
- In honor of our 25th Anniversary Celebration, Cambridge Community Television will be airing some of our best programming from the past 25 years one week and year at a time in two blocks each week! The blocks will be counting down the years, starting with 1988, every Sunday at 9:00 PM on Channel 9 & every Friday at 7:00 PM on Channel 8!
This Week: 1996
- Continue the journey back with us to 1996 - the year when the Nintendo 64 Game System was released, the first mammal "Dolly The Sheep" was successfully cloned, and The Ramones played their final show! Tune in this week to see a performance by the Sonny Watson Quintet, the parade celebrating the 150th anniversary of Cambridge, the 1996 Summer Video Institute, and more!
Channel 9 - Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Channel 8 - Friday, September 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Movie Of The Week: "Impact"
- No-nonsense San Francisco industrial whiz Walter Williams's two-timing wife and her lover plot to do her husband in, but Williams survives the attack and the lover is burned beyond recognition while driving Williams's car. Half-dazed, Williams stumbles into a moving van that takes him to idyllic Larkspur, Idaho, where newspaper stories of his "death" jog his memory. While recuperating and plotting his eventual return and revenge, Williams falls in love with Marsha, an auto mechanic. But when Williams finally gets back to San Francisco, he's tried for the lover's murder.
Channel 9 - Saturday at 9:00 PM
NOTE: CCTV will be closed on Sunday, September 1 & Monday, September 2, 2013 in honor of Labor Day, so there will be no new BeLive or CCR programs on these days!
BeLive Studio: Current Open Timeslots
- Mondays at 7:00 PM
- Tuesdays at 5:30 PM & 6:00 PM
- Wednesdays at 5:00 PM & 8:30 PM
Cambridge Community Radio "CCR" Studio: Current Open Timeslots
- Mondays at 2:00 PM-4:00 PM
- Tuesdays at 2:00 PM-3:00 PM
- Wednesdays at 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Thursdays at 12:00 PM-2:00 PM
- Fridays at 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
Life Story of Peter
- A profile piece about a man named Peter featuring an interview with him where he tells his personal story and discusses some of his philosophies about life.
Airing this week Wednesday at 11:00 AM, Saturday at 4:00 PM, Sunday at 2:00 PM, Monday at 9:30 AM, & Tuesday at 7:00 PM
Cambridge Open Studios 2013: Dan Lynn Watt & Molly Lynn Watt
- A program featuring excerpts from the full-length live performance of the docudrama "George and Ruth: Songs and Letters of the Spanish Civil War", featuring Dan Lynn Watt and Molly Lynn Watt.
Airing this week Thursday at 2:30 PM, Friday at 8:30 AM, Saturday at 3:30 PM, Sunday at 6:30 PM & Monday at 11:00 PM
The Harp Show: Maria Rindenello-Parker
- Host Al Marotta presents The Harp Show, featuring a studio performance by the lovely and talented harpist Maria Rindenello-Parker.
Airing this week Wednesday at 7:00 PM, Saturday at 6:00 PM, Sunday at 3:30 PM, & Monday at 10:30 AM
Life Story of Lynette
- A profile piece Lynette Laveau-Saxe featuring an interview with her where she tells her personal story and discusses some of her beliefs and philosophies about life.
Airing this week Thursday at 8:30 AM, Sunday at 5:00 PM & Monday at 7:00 PM
Innovation in My Backyard: Startups at the Cambridge Innovation Center
- A program featuring short profile pieces of two startup companies at the Cambridge Innovation Center - The Open Learning Exchange and Prompt Communications.
Airing this week Thursday at 11:00 AM, Friday at 2:30 PM, Saturday at 5:00 PM, & Sunday at 3:00 PM
Cambridge Open Studios 2013: Siobhan Bredin
- Cambridge Open Studios, performed at Cambridge Community Television, is a platform for local artists and musicians to display their talent for a live audience. This episode features a short mystery play titled "The Scandalous Suffragette Skullduggery", written and directed by Siobhan Bredin.
Airing this week Thursday at 10:00 AM, Friday at 9:00 AM, & Saturday at 3:00 PM
Goober County Jamboree: Merrimack Valley Bluegrass
- A lively down-home studio performance by the bluegrass band "Merrimack Valley Bluegrass".
Airing this week Thursday at 10:30 AM, Saturday at 9:30 AM, Sunday at 9:00 AM, & Tuesday at 9:30 PM
Supreme Court Marriage Equality Decision Rally
- A rally, which took place in front of Cambridge City Hall on Wednesday, June 26, 2013, in celebration of the Supreme Court ruling striking down Section 3 of the Defense Of Marriage Act (DOMA) and the striking down of California's Proposition 8 measure.
Airing this week Thursday at 11:00 AM, Friday at 9:30 AM, Saturday at 8:00 AM, & Sunday at 7:00 AM
Central Square World's Fair 2013
- Join host Maurice Wilkey as he explores the 2013 Central Square World's Fair - a giant block party filled with music of every kind, a variety of food, art, and dance performances.
Airing this week Thursday at 2:30 PM, Friday at 10:30 AM, Saturday at 9:00 AM, & Sunday at 6:00 PM
Cambridge Open Studios 2013: The Poetry MashUp with Toni Bee
- Host Toni Bee presents a series of writers and artists reading poetry, performing spoken word pieces, and reminiscing on the subjects that inspire their works.
Airing this week Thursday at 10:30 PM, Sunday at 7:00 PM, Monday at 11:00 AM, & Tuesday at 10:00 AM
Press Pass TV 5-Year Anniversary Special
- A video compilation of some of the best programming of the past 5 years from Press Pass TV - an award-winning non-profit organization that uses the power of media arts to provide meaningful employment and education to youth living in low-income neighborhoods.
Airing this week Saturday at 11:30 AM & Sunday at 6:30 AM
BeLive: Charles River Conservency
- Host Renata von Tscharner, the Founder and President of The Charles River Conservency, discusses and advocates for the renewal of the urban parklands along the river. Guests include elected officials from Cambridge and the state along with fellow civic leaders who speak about this amazing resource for Cambridge and its citizens.
Airs this Wednesday and the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of every month at 5:30 PM
BeLive: Bangla Center Talk
- Host Suhas Barua invites various citizens and professionals from the community to discuss immigrant communites and individuals' day-to-day lives, achievements, problems, prospects, and activities.
Airs this Wednesday and the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of every month at 8:00 PM
StoryStream: Cambridge Riverfest 2013 Marathon!
- Cambridge Riverfest parts 1, 2, & 3 will air back to back again starting this Friday at 6:00 PM! Riverfest is a fun and engaging annual event in Cambridge featuring various individuals, groups, and organizations coming together to share stories, ideas, arts, and cultures.
Airing this week Friday at 6:00 PM
NEW! CCTV Short Films Marathon!
- Starting this Saturday night, CCTV will air the collection of short films, videos, and NeighborMedia pieces produced in 2013. Tune in to see all of your favorite shorts from the past year and enjoy some new ones while you're at it!
Premieres this Saturday at 6:00 PM & Sunday at 1:30 PM
BeLive: Emotional Talk
- Host Shalhavit Cohen returns to present this program featuring friends talking about relationships and emotional matters that affect our everyday lives.
Airs this Tuesday and the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:30 PM
A New Year - A New Life
- A religious program featuring a voice-over, accompanied by videos and images of nature, discussing what it means to have a new life when one is reborn through the faith in and love of Jesus and God.
Airing this week Wednesday at 7:00 AM, Thursday at 11:30 PM, Friday at 8:00 AM, Saturday at 3:30 PM, Sunday at 9:30 AM, Monday at 9:00 AM, & Tuesday at 5:30 PM
Bodhisattvas Springing Up in the U.S.
- A short documentery about Rissho Kosei-kai, a buddhist organization which started in Japan and is now becoming widely popular in other countries, whose mission is to educate others about the teachings of Buddha and to propagate charity and human service around the world.
Airing this week Wednesday at 7:30 AM, Thursday at 2:00 PM, Friday at 8:30 AM, Saturday at 3:00 PM, Sunday at 7:00 PM, Monday at 8:00 AM, & Tuesday at 1:30 PM
Science Panel: Organ Donation Risks & Effects
- A program, presented by Radio Santec, featuring a panel discussion about the risks, effects, and issues involved with organ donation.
Airing this week Wednesday at 1:30 PM, Thursday at 3:30 PM, Friday at 7:30 AM, Saturday at 5:30 PM, Sunday at 8:00 PM, Monday at 9:30 AM, & Tuesday at 11:30 PM
International Mother Language Day
- An culturally engaging musical celebration of International Mother Language Day which took place on Thursday, February 21, 2013. Presented by the Bangladesh Association of New England.
Airing this week Wednesday at 11:30 PM, Thursday at 3:00 PM, Friday at 3:30 PM, Saturday at 5:00 PM, Sunday at 7:30 PM, Monday at 8:30 AM, & Tuesday at 5:00 PM
Focal Point: Earth - Life In The Forest
- An in-depth study of life in the forests and oceans on earth, how animals are treated and affected by humans, and a look at the general beauty of God's creation. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Thursday at 10:00 AM, Saturday at 10:00 AM, & Tuesday at 10:30 AM
The Living Will Envy The Dead
- A group of panelists discuss this title statement, found in the Bible in the revelation of John by the prophet Jeremiah, and analyze what it means in a modern context as well as the importance of God in combatting its implications. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Thursday at 11:00 AM, Saturday at 12:00 PM, Sunday at 12:00 PM, & Tuesday at 9:30 AM
Bangladesh Association Of New England Panel
- Previous past presidents of the Bangladesh Association of New England (BANE) discuss their experiences and personal histories with the organization.
Airing this week Thursday at 4:00 PM, Saturday at 11:00 AM, Monday at 7:00 AM, & Tuesday at 3:00 PM
The Inner Physician & Healer
- A guided meditation, using voice-over and images of nature, which encourages healing and relaxation through spirituality and faith in God.
Airing this week Saturday at 7:30 AM & Sunday at 7:30 AM-
Short films and videos that are 10 minutes or less are scheduled randomly throughout the channels to give them more exposure and to entertain and enlighten our Cambridge audience in between our regularly scheduled programs. Here are some of the short videos you can see on our channels now:
NEW! Thank You, CCTV!
- A short video featuring CCTV members winning prizes at the 2013 Alliance for Community Media awards during the 15th Annual Video Festival which took place in Methuen, MA, on Saturday, April 13, 2013.
NEW! Hundo Music Recordings
- A short piece featuring the music group "Hundo Music" recording a few singles.
NEW! Baby U
- A highlight profile piece about Baby U - an innovative program in Cambridge, MA, designed for parents with children pre-natal to age 3. The program aims to: increase parents’ knowledge on a variety of child-rearing topics, strengthen parent-child relationships, break parental isolation, and connect parents to beneficial community resources.
NEW! an |untitled| short
- Something is coming, and only Nellie knows what...
NEW! My Sister's Hair, My Mother's Hands, My Grandmother's Scissors
- Sophie Bodnar explores cinema verité style by featuring a moment of her mother cutting her sister's hair with her grandmother's scissors.
NEW! Outloud Music Video
- A music video, shot in and around Cambridge, of the song "InDianna" by the band Outloud.
NEW! Sea Change
- A dramatic piece produced in 2012 by the CCTV Drama Club production group in Cambridge, MA.
NEW! This Just In!
- Produced as part of the CCTV Drama Club production group in 2011, this program features a spoof news broadcast with multiple surprise twists!
Cherrie Bomb: LIVE at The Burren
- A short video of a LIVE performance by the band "Cherrie Bomb" at The Burren in Somverville, MA.
NeighborMedia: The Face of Harvard Square
- A short NeighborMedia profile piece about Antonio Maycott, a spray paint artist based out of Harvard Square.
Demystifying Bipolar Disorder
- Dr. Jane Erb, a psychiatrist at Brigham And Women's Hospital in Boston, MA, discusses her experience treating adults with mood and anxiety disorders, specifically bipolar disorder.
Spotlight On ZuZu: Local Community Art
- A short profile peace about the local restaurant and nightclub ZuZu, located in Central Square in Cambridge, MA, featuring customer interviews and an overview by manager Abby Bower of the local community art featured at the restaurant.
NeighborMedia: Community Swim in the Charles River
- On July 13, 2013, swimmers jumped into the newly cleaned up Charles River for the first time in 50 years, and Maurice Wilkey was on the scene to talk to them about it! Presented by NeighborMedia.
How to Become a BeLive Producer
- Programming Coordinator Chris Lawn discusses the process and the necessary steps to becoming a BeLive producer at Cambridge Community Television.
- A short film in which a girl discovers herself in a world of mystery and illusion.
- A musician is playing an invisible flute and when a local Cambridge resident walks up to him and asks him why he can't see the flute, the musician shows him a real flute and discusses the benefits of getting involved with CCTV.
How To Roll A Cigarette
- Steve Helfer, longtime host of the BeLive show "The Smoking Section" and smokers' rights advocate, demonstrates how to use a Gizeh rolling machine to roll a cigarette.
Spotlight on ZuZu: It's Delicious!
- A short profile peace about the local restaurant and nightclub ZuZu, located in Central Square, featuring interviews and an introduction of new menu items by Chef Anthony DeStefano.
Cambridge Community Day 2012
- A short profile piece about Cambridge Community Day 2012 - a celebratory family fun day filled with music and dancing presented by the Cambridge Community Center.
National Dance For Obama 2012
- Anjali Khurana, founder and director for the National Dance For Obama, describes what she hopes to accomplish with a series of international flash mobs geared towards sparking voter participation in the 2012 Presidential Election.
- A short thriller, made during the 2013 48-Hour Film Festival in Boston, about a man who is forced to feed his daughter blood after she accidentally ingests a substance made in his lab.
X Marks Another Spot
- A short animation piece, made by Erik Brown using Motion, featuring numerous animated "X"s.
Cambridge Food Truck Festival 2013
- A short profile piece about the 2013 Cambridge Food Truck Festival - one event of many across New England and outside of New England which introduces communities across the country to the growing phenomenon of gourmet good trucks while supporting and promoting the small business owners who run them.
CCTV Gallery Artists: Beth Redmond Walsh
- A short profile piece featuring artist and CCTV member Beth Redmond Walsh, who recently had her art featured in the Karen Aqua Gallery at Cambridge Community Television, taking a few minutes to answer some questions about her art display.
Digital Storytelling: "I'm OK"
- A video produced in the Digital Storytelling class of a poem, accompanied by pictures, about a man trying to convince himself and his ex-wife that he's OK after their break-up.
Video Portrait: A Friend Who Was Always There
- A Video Portrait by Michael Gibson of a loving and loyal dog named Chief.
Video Portrait: Cambridge Riverfest 2013
- A Video Portrait by Todd Rapisarda featuring a compilation of scenes and highlights from the 2013 Cambridge Riverfest.
Video Portrait: Ollie & Bianca @ Riverfest
- A short Video Portrait piece of Ollie & Bianca - street musicians and performers from Harvard Square who play instruments, juggle, make balloon art, and do face-painting! Produced and filmed by Erik Brown.
State Rep. Marjorie Decker Discusses Her Support Of Amendment H.3400
- State Representative Marjorie Decker offers her maiden speech on Amendment H.3400 - an act making appropriations for the fiscal year 2012 for the maintenance of departments, boards, commissions, institutions and certain activities of the Commonwealth, for interest, sinking fund and serial bond requirements and for certain permanent improvements.
"Fast Life" Behind-The-Scenes
- A behind-the-scenes look at a local music video for the song "Fast Life" by the rapper Raw Money including a sneak peek at what the finished product will look like. Produced by Rock Louis.
"Meet In Massachusetts" Promo
- Singer and songwriter Andrew Horn presents this promo video for his new single "Meet In Massachusetts" - a song which celebrates moving, living, and falling in love in Boston.
Demonstration VS The Gap
- Christian Herold presents this NeighborMedia news story featuring the Bangladesh Workers Solidarity Network and supporters picketing and protesting The Gap in Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA, on Saturday, May 4, 2013.
Fun In The Barbershop
- Clyde Hicks interviews patrons of a local barbershop about their opinions on gun control. Produced by Simon McDonough.
JAHSpirit Music Video - "Rastafari Soldier"
- A music video, produced by Angel Aiguier, for the song "Rastafari Soldier" by the Caribbean band JAHSpirit from their album Tough 'N Humble.
Mt. Auburn Hospital Vigil: Marathon Bomber Manhunt
- Christian Herold interviews people involved in a vigil on Friday, April 19, 2013, outside of Mount Auburn Hospital after the Marathon bomber suspect was captured and brought there.
Cambridge Candlelight Vigil: Boston Marathon Victims
- A picture montage accompanied by music of the candlelight vigil held on Wednesday, April 17, 2013, in commemoration of the victims of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing. Produced by Christian Herold.
Spy VS Spy
- Two opposing spies quarrel and harass each other in this fun short filmed and produced by Tony Valentino.
Also, don't forget to tune in to the CCTV Short Films Marathon! Broadcast information is listed under "Channel 9" above!
To view our current schedule at any time, visit http://www.cctvcambridge.org/schedule
If you have any questions about CCTV programming, what's on when, or if you would like to get your own BeLive or Community Radio show, feel free to contact:
Chris Lawn, Programming Coordinator
See you next week!