Programming Highlights: A NEW BeLive Series, A CCR Program Name Change, 25 Years In 25 Weeks: 1992 & What's On This Week
Programming Highlights: A NEW BeLive Series, A CCR Program Name Change, 25 Years In 25 Weeks: 1992 & What's On This Week
News & information about our BeLive & Community Radio Studios, current programming, special broadcast events, & what's on when!
25 Years In 25 Weeks: A Retrospective
- In honor of our 25th Anniversary Celebration, Cambridge Community Television will be airing some of our best programming from the past 25 years one week and year at a time in two blocks each week! The blocks will be counting down the years, starting with 1988, every Sunday at 9:00 PM on Channel 9 & every Friday at 7:00 PM on Channel 8!
This Week: 1992
- Continue the journey back with us to 1992 - the year when Yitzhak Rabin became prime minister of Israel, Cartoon Network was first broadcast on television, the Presidential Election had 3 candidates, and the Church of England voted to allow women to become priests! Tune in this week to see the 1992 Cambridge Pops Concert, an interview with Edwin Ortiz, a rap hip-hop dance party jam, and more!
Channel 9 - Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Channel 8 - Friday, August 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Movie Of The Week: "The Inspector General"
- Danny Kaye stars in this classic comedy about an illiterate stooge in a traveling medicine show who wanders into a strange town and is picked up on a vagrancy charge. The town's corrupt officials mistake him for the inspector general whom they think is traveling in disguise. Fearing he will discover they've been pocketing tax money, they make several bungled attempts to kill him.
Channel 9 - Saturday at 9:00 PM
BeLive Studio: Current Open Timeslots
- Mondays at 7:00 PM
- Tuesdays at 5:30 PM & 6:00 PM
- Wednesdays at 5:00 PM
Cambridge Community Radio "CCR" Studio: Current Open Timeslots
- Mondays at 2:00 PM-4:00 PM
- Tuesdays at 2:00 PM-3:00 PM
- Thursdays at 12:00 PM-2:00 PM
- Fridays at 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
Supreme Court Marriage Equality Decision Rally
- A rally, which took place in front of Cambridge City Hall on Wednesday, June 26, 2013, in celebration of the Supreme Court ruling striking down Section 3 of the Defense Of Marriage Act (DOMA) and the striking down of California's Proposition 8 measure.
Airing this week Wednesday at 11:00 AM, Friday at 8:30 AM, Sunday at 6:00 PM & Monday at 7:00 PM
ZIP Docs: Spiritual Bazaar
- A short documentary, produced by the students in the ZIP Docs class at Cambridge Community Television, exploring the spiritual diversity of Cambridge from a local Zen meditation center to an independent religious bookstore.
Airing this week Wednesday at 2:30 PM, Thursday at 8:30 AM, Friday at 8:30 AM, Saturday at 8:00 AM, & Sunday at 3:30 PM
- The School Year Production Program presents five news stories regarding happenings around Cambridge and featuring local businesses including Boomerangs Thrift Shop, Google, Cambridge Innovation Center, and the C2W Farmers Market.
Airing this week Wednesday at 7:00 PM, Thursday at 9:00 AM, Saturday at 11:30 AM, & Sunday at 5:00 PM
StoryStream: Cambridge Riverfest 2013 - Part 3
- Part 3 of a program featuring various individuals, groups, and organizations coming together to share stories, ideas, arts, and cultures at this fun and engaging annual event in Cambridge.
Airing this week Thursday at 9:30 AM, Sunday at 2:00 PM & Tuesday at 10:00 AM
Cambridge Open Studios 2013: Siobhan Bredin
- Cambridge Open Studios, performed at Cambridge Community Television, is a platform for local artists and musicians to display their talent for a live audience. This episode features a short mystery play titled "The Scandalous Suffragette Skullduggery", written and directed by Siobhan Bredin.
Airing this week Thursday at 10:30 AM, Friday at 2:30 PM, Saturday at 5:00 PM & Tuesday at 7:30 PM
Cambridge Open Studios 2013: Tim Tsang
- Cambridge Open Studios, performed at Cambridge Community Television, is a platform for local artists and musicians to display their talent for a live audience. This episode features keyboardist and piano player Tim Tsang.
Airing this week Thursday at 11:00 AM, Saturday at 8:30 AM, Sunday at 3:00 PM, & Monday at 11:00 PM
Press Pass TV 5-Year Anniversary Special
- A video compilation of some of the best programming of the past 5 years from Press Pass TV - an award-winning non-profit organization that uses the power of media arts to provide meaningful employment and education to youth living in low-income neighborhoods.
Airing this week Thursday at 11:30 AM, Saturday at 3:00 PM, Sunday at 5:30 PM & Tuesday at 7:00 PM
Central Square World's Fair 2013
- Join host Maurice Wilkey as he explores the 2013 Central Square World's Fair - a giant block party filled with music of every kind, a variety of food, art, and dance performances.
Airing this week Thursday at 2:30 PM, Friday at 10:30 AM, Sunday at 7:30 PM & Monday at 11:00 AM
Goober County Jamboree: Merrimack Valley Bluegrass
- A lively down-home studio performance by the bluegrass band "Merrimack Valley Bluegrass".
Airing this week Thursday at 10:30 PM, Saturday at 6:00 PM, Sunday at 9:00 AM, & Monday at 10:30 AM
Innovation in My Backyard: Startups at the Cambridge Innovation Center
- A program featuring short profile pieces of two startup companies at the Cambridge Innovation Center - The Open Learning Exchange and Prompt Communications.
Airing this week Thursday at 11:00 PM, Saturday at 3:30 PM, Sunday at 7:00 PM, & Monday at 11:30 AM
Filling The News Gap in Cambridge & Beyond - Part 4: The Most Experimental Storytellers - Citizen Journalists
- This conference marks the 5th anniversary of CCTV's NeighborMedia program, which was formed to ensure that local stories are told, shared, and celebrated. Filling The News Gap will air in four segments over the course of Summer 2013. Stay tuned to Programming Highlights each week for updates!
Part 4 explores some of the important protections available to citizen journalists and others in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the hurdles that reporters face as they engage in newsgathering activities.
Airing this week Friday at 9:30 AM, Saturday at 4:00 PM & Monday at 10:00 PM
Hugh McGowan: LIVE From CCTV
- Hugh McGowan, a musician from Somerville with a focus on pop, folk, and indie rock, performs in the Cambridge Community Television main studio for CCTV's "Beginning Studio Production: Primetime!" class.
Airing this week Saturday at 9:00 AM, Sunday at 10:30 AM, & Monday at 9:30 AM
BeLive: Nubia Now & Then
- A cultural program, hosted by Vicki Meredith, that focuses on the history and current events of the Nubian society in Egypt.
Airs this Thursday and the 1st & 3rd Thursday of every month at 8:30 PM
NEW NAME! CCR: Angel Of The Airwaves
- Host Angel Aiguier has changed the name of her Friday Community Radio show, featuring reggae tracks and other musical selections hand-picked by the lovely hostess herself, to "Angel Of The Airwaves." Tune in this Friday to see the premiere!
Airs every Friday at 12:00 PM
BeLive: Seniors Needed
- Host Robert S. Hurlbut discusses issues and topics of interest concerning the senior citizens of Cambridge.
Airs this Friday and the 4th Friday of every month at 4:00 PM
Cambridge Remembers the Victims of the Boston Marathon Tragedy
- A video compilation of various events held in Cambridge to commemorate the victims of the Boston Marathon tragedy.
Airing this week Friday at 6:30 PM, Saturday at 6:00 PM & Sunday at 1:00 PM
BeLive: On Digital Air
- Host Garabed Setrakian explores all things digital and seeks to invigorate and inform viewers with tasteful arts and technology reviews.
Airs this Sunday and 1st Sunday of every month at 5:00 PM
NEW! BeLive: The God Talk Guys
- Host Michael Mack presents this NEW BeLive program which will feature discussions and interviews on religion and spirituality worldwide with a special focus on artistic and literary expressions of faith.
Premieres this Sunday at 7:30 PM and will air the 1st & 3rd Sunday of every month!
BeLive: Emotional Talk
- Guest host Boriana Zaneva will discuss relationships and emotional matters that affect our everyday lives.
Airs this Tuesday and 1st & 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:30 PM
The Living Will Envy The Dead
- A group of panelists discuss this title statement, found in the Bible in the revelation of John by the prophet Jeremiah, and analyze what it means in a modern context as well as the importance of God in combatting its implications. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Wednesday at 7:00 AM, Thursday at 11:00 AM, Saturday at 3:00 PM, Sunday at 12:00 PM, & Tuesday at 10:30 AM
A New Year - A New Life
- A religious program featuring a voice-over, accompanied by videos and images of nature, discussing what it means to have a new life when one is reborn through the faith in and love of Jesus and God.
Airing this week Wednesday at 1:30 PM, Thursday at 2:00 PM, Saturday at 5:30 PM, Sunday at 7:00 PM, & Tuesday at 11:30 PM
Bodhisattvas Springing Up in the U.S.
- A short documentery about Rissho Kosei-kai, a buddhist organization which started in Japan and is now becoming widely popular in other countries, whose mission is to educate others about the teachings of Buddha and to propagate charity and human service around the world.
Airing this week Wednesday at 11:30 PM, Thursday at 3:00 PM, Friday at 8:00 AM, Saturday at 5:00 PM, Sunday at 7:30 PM, Monday at 9:00 AM, & Tuesday at 5:00 PM
Focal Point: Earth - Life In The Forest
- An in-depth study of life in the forests and oceans on earth, how animals are treated and affected by humans, and a look at the general beauty of God's creation. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Thursday at 10:00 AM, Saturday at 11:00 AM, Monday at 7:00 AM, & Tuesday at 9:30 AM
International Mother Language Day
- An culturally engaging musical celebration of International Mother Language Day which took place on Thursday, February 21, 2013. Presented by the Bangladesh Association of New England.
Airing this week Thursday at 3:30 PM, Friday at 8:30 AM, Sunday at 8:00 PM, Monday at 9:30 AM, & Tuesday at 5:30 PM
Bangladesh Association Of New England Panel
- Previous past presidents of the Bangladesh Association of New England (BANE) discuss their experiences and personal histories with the organization.
Airing this week Thursday at 4:00 PM, Friday at 7:00 AM, Saturday at 12:00 PM, Monday at 8:00 AM, & Tuesday at 3:00 PM
The Inner Physician & Healer
- A guided meditation, using voice-over and images of nature, which encourages healing and relaxation through spirituality and faith in God.
Airing this week Friday at 3:30 PM, Saturday at 9:30 AM, Sunday at 9:30 AM, & Tuesday at 1:30 PM-
You Are Heirs To Selfless Love
- A Divine Prophetic Healing given on June 27, 2013 through translating the words of of Gabriele, a Prophetess and Spiritual Emissary, and including images of nature. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Saturday at 10:00 AM & Tuesday at 7:00 AM
Short films and videos that are 10 minutes or less are scheduled randomly throughout the channels to give them more exposure and to entertain and enlighten our Cambridge audience in between our regularly scheduled programs. Here are some of the short videos you can see on our channels now:
- A short film in which a girl discovers herself in a world of mystery and illusion.
- A musician is playing an invisible flute and when a local Cambridge resident walks up to him and asks him why he can't see the flute, the musician shows him a real flute and discusses the benefits of getting involved with CCTV.
How To Roll A Cigarette
- Steve Helfer, longtime host of the BeLive show "The Smoking Section" and smokers' rights advocate, demonstrates how to use a Gizeh rolling machine to roll a cigarette.
Spotlight on ZuZu: It's Delicious!
- A short profile peace about the local restaurant and nightclub ZuZu, located in Central Square, featuring interviews and an introduction of new menu items by Chef Anthony DeStefano.
Cambridge Community Day 2012
- A short profile piece about Cambridge Community Day 2012 - a celebratory family fun day filled with music and dancing presented by the Cambridge Community Center.
National Dance For Obama 2012
- Anjali Khurana, founder and director for the National Dance For Obama, describes what she hopes to accomplish with a series of international flash mobs geared towards sparking voter participation in the 2012 Presidential Election.
- A short thriller, made during the 2013 48-Hour Film Festival in Boston, about a man who is forced to feed his daughter blood after she accidentally ingests a substance made in his lab.
X Marks Another Spot
- A short animation piece, made by Erik Brown using Motion, featuring numerous animated "X"s.
Cambridge Food Truck Festival 2013
- A short profile piece about the 2013 Cambridge Food Truck Festival - one event of many across New England and outside of New England which introduces communities across the country to the growing phenomenon of gourmet good trucks while supporting and promoting the small business owners who run them.
CCTV Gallery Artists: Beth Redmond Walsh
- A short profile piece featuring artist and CCTV member Beth Redmond Walsh, who recently had her art featured in the Karen Aqua Gallery at Cambridge Community Television, taking a few minutes to answer some questions about her art display.
Digital Storytelling: "I'm OK"
- A video produced in the Digital Storytelling class of a poem, accompanied by pictures, about a man trying to convince himself and his ex-wife that he's OK after their break-up.
Video Portrait: A Friend Who Was Always There
- A Video Portrait by Michael Gibson of a loving and loyal dog named Chief.
Video Portrait: Cambridge Riverfest 2013
- A Video Portrait by Todd Rapisarda featuring a compilation of scenes and highlights from the 2013 Cambridge Riverfest.
Video Portrait: Ollie & Bianca @ Riverfest
- A short Video Portrait piece of Ollie & Bianca - street musicians and performers from Harvard Square who play instruments, juggle, make balloon art, and do face-painting! Produced and filmed by Erik Brown.
State Rep. Marjorie Decker Discusses Her Support Of Amendment H.3400
- State Representative Marjorie Decker offers her maiden speech on Amendment H.3400 - an act making appropriations for the fiscal year 2012 for the maintenance of departments, boards, commissions, institutions and certain activities of the Commonwealth, for interest, sinking fund and serial bond requirements and for certain permanent improvements.
"Fast Life" Behind-The-Scenes
- A behind-the-scenes look at a local music video for the song "Fast Life" by the rapper Raw Money including a sneak peek at what the finished product will look like. Produced by Rock Louis.
"Meet In Massachusetts" Promo
- Singer and songwriter Andrew Horn presents this promo video for his new single "Meet In Massachusetts" - a song which celebrates moving, living, and falling in love in Boston.
Demonstration VS The Gap
- Christian Herold presents this NeighborMedia news story featuring the Bangladesh Workers Solidarity Network and supporters picketing and protesting The Gap in Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA, on Saturday, May 4, 2013.
Fun In The Barbershop
- Clyde Hicks interviews patrons of a local barbershop about their opinions on gun control. Produced by Simon McDonough.
JAHSpirit Music Video - "Rastafari Soldier"
- A music video, produced by Angel Aiguier, for the song "Rastafari Soldier" by the Caribbean band JAHSpirit from their album Tough 'N Humble.
Mt. Auburn Hospital Vigil: Marathon Bomber Manhunt
- Christian Herold interviews people involved in a vigil on Friday, April 19, 2013, outside of Mount Auburn Hospital after the Marathon bomber suspect was captured and brought there.
Cambridge Candlelight Vigil: Boston Marathon Victims
- A picture montage accompanied by music of the candlelight vigil held on Wednesday, April 17, 2013, in commemoration of the victims of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing. Produced by Christian Herold.
Spy VS Spy
- Two opposing spies quarrel and harass each other in this fun short filmed and produced by Tony Valentino.
To view our current schedule at any time, visit http://www.cctvcambridge.org/schedule
If you have any questions about CCTV programming, what's on when, or if you would like to get your own BeLive or Community Radio show, feel free to contact:
Chris Lawn, Programming Coordinator
See you next week!