Programming Highlights: The 5th Annual Dance For The World Festival, 25 Years In 25 Weeks: 1989, & What's On This Week
Programming Highlights: The 5th Annual Dance For The World Festival, 25 Years In 25 Weeks: 1989, & What's On This Week
News & information about our BeLive & Community Radio Studios, current programming, special broadcast events, & what's on when!
25 Years In 25 Weeks: A Retrospective
- In honor of our 25th Anniversary Celebration, Cambridge Community Television will be airing some of our best programming from the past 25 years one week and year at a time in two blocks each week! The blocks will be counting down the years, starting with 1988, every Sunday at 9:00 PM on Channel 9 & every Friday at 7:00 PM on Channel 8!
This Week: 1989 - 1st Year Anniversary
- Continue the journey back with us to 1989 - the year when CCTV celebrated its one-year anniversary, the station began offering cable services for the visually impaired, and Cambridge Women in Cable began production! Tune in to see Cambridge women in comedy, a steel cello musical ensemble, Cambridge commemorating victims of AIDS, and the Harvard Square tree lighting!
Channel 9 - Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Channel 8 - Friday, July 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Movie Of The Week: "The Last Time I Saw Paris"
- Elizabeth Taylor stars in this film about a famous writer Charles Wills who, after the success of his first book, returns to Paris and visits a local cafe named Café Dhingo where he chats with the bartender and reminisces about the life he led in Paris after it was liberated. While covering the VE Day celebrations in Paris, he meets and falls in love with the gorgeous Helen Ellsworth. Soon afterward, Charles and Helen are married, and he supports his wife with a low-paying job, devoting his evenings to writing a novel. After numerous rejections, Charles is more than willing to give up writing and live off the revenue of a Texas oil well in which he'd invested. As he squanders his newfound riches on creature comforts, he loses his literary ambitions and, slowly but surely, the love and devotion of his wife. His self-destructive behavior is then halted only by a devastating tragedy.
Channel 9 - Saturday at 9:00 PM
BeLive Studio: Current Open Timeslots
- Sundays at 7:30 PM
- Mondays at 6:00 PM & 7:00 PM
- Tuesdays at 5:30 PM & 6:00 PM
- Wednesdays at 5:00 PM
Cambridge Community Radio "CCR" Studio: Current Open Timeslots
- Mondays at 2:00 PM-4:00 PM
- Tuesdays at 2:00 PM-3:00 PM
- Thursdays at 12:00 PM-2:00 PM
- Fridays at 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
The Village Show - Guest: Author Chris Jennings
- Host Ric Cone from PACTV in Plymouth, MA, interviews Chris Jennings, author of "HIV/AIDS - The Facts and the Fiction", about scientific corruption and implausible theories surrounding the AIDS epidemic in Africa.
Airing this week Wednesday at 11:00 AM, Thursday at 9:00 AM, & Sunday at 10:30 AM
What Is Money?
- A diverse series of people around Cambridge and Greater Boston answer the question "what is money?" in their own words. Produced by Michael O'Brien
Airing this week Wednesday at 2:30 PM, Saturday at 11:30 AM, & Sunday at 9:00 AM
Goober County Jamboree: Ask Me Later
- A lively down-home studio performance by the local bluegrass band "Ask Me Later".
Airing this week Wednesday at 7:00 PM, Thursday at 2:30 PM, Saturday at 6:00 PM, & Monday at 9:30 AM
ZIP Docs: Spiritual Bazaar
- A short documentary, produced by the students in the ZIP Docs class at Cambridge Community Television, exploring the spiritual diversity of Cambridge from a local Zen meditation center to an independent religious bookstore.
Airing this week Thursday at 8:30 AM, Friday at 8:30 AM, Saturday at 8:00 AM, Sunday at 5:30 PM & Monday at 7:00 PM
The Autistic Brain: Thinking Across The Spectrum
- A lecture, which took place at the Main Cambridge Library, by Temple Grandin on her book "The Autistic Brain: Thinking Across The Spectrum" where she teaches listeners about the science of the autistic brain, and with it the history and sociology of autism.
Airing this week Thursday at 10:00 AM, Saturday at 3:00 PM, Sunday at 3:00 PM, & Monday at 11:00 AM
Cambridge Open Studios 2013: Tim Tsang
- Cambridge Open Studios, performed at Cambridge Community Television, is a platform for local artists and musicians to display their talent for a live audience. This episode features keyboardist and piano player Tim Tsang.
Airing this week Thursday at 11:00 AM, Friday at 9:00 AM, Saturday at 8:30 AM, Sunday at 5:00 PM & Monday at 7:30 PM
Hugh McGowan: LIVE From CCTV
- Hugh McGowan, a musician from Somerville with a focus on pop, folk, and indie rock, performs in the Cambridge Community Television main studio for CCTV's "Beginning Studio Production: Primetime!" class.
Airing this week Thursday at 10:30 PM, Saturday at 9:00 AM, Sunday at 7:00 PM, & Monday at 10:00 AM
Filling The News Gap in Cambridge & Beyond - Part 1: Welcome & Keynote Speaker & Part 2: Oases In The News Desert
- This conference marks the 5th anniversary of CCTV's NeighborMedia program, which was formed to ensure that local stories are told, shared, and celebrated. Filling The News Gap will air in four segments beginning with Parts 1 & 2 over the course of Summer 2013. Stay tuned to Programming Highlights each week for updates!
Part 1 features a welcome address by Susan Fleischmann - Executive Director of Cambridge Community Television, and a keynote address by Josh Stearns - Journalism and Public Media Campaign Director at Free Press.
Part 2 features journalists who talk about what it's like to cover Cambridge - a virtual news desert no daily newspaper nor local commercial radio and television, as well as the challenges and rewards that go along with it.
Airing this week Friday at 9:30 AM
NEW! Filling The News Gap in Cambridge & Beyond - Part 3: Newsgathering And The Law
- This conference marks the 5th anniversary of CCTV's NeighborMedia program, which was formed to ensure that local stories are told, shared, and celebrated. Filling The News Gap will air in four segments over the course of Summer 2013. Stay tuned to Programming Highlights each week for updates!
Part 3 explores some of the important protections available to citizen journalists and others in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the hurdles that reporters face as they engage in newsgathering activities.
Premiering this week Saturday at 4:00 PM & Monday at 10:00 PM
StoryStream: Cambridge Riverfest 2013 - Part 2
- Part 2 of a program featuring various individuals, groups, and organizations coming together to share stories, ideas, arts, and cultures at this fun and engaging annual event in Cambridge.
Airing this week Sunday at 2:00 PM & Tuesday at 10:00 AM
NEW! SYPP News
- The School Year Production Program presents five news stories regarding happenings around Cambridge and featuring local businesses including Boomerangs Thrift Shop, Google, Cambridge Innovation Center, and the C2W Farmers Market.
Premiering this week Sunday at 6:00 PM & Tuesday at 7:00 PM
NEW! Press Pass TV 5-Year Anniversary Special
- A video compilation of some of the best programming of the past 5 years from Press Pass TV - an award-winning non-profit organization that uses the power of media arts to provide meaningful employment and education to youth living in low-income neighborhoods.
Premiering this week Sunday at 6:30 PM & Tuesday at 7:30 PM
NEW! 5th Annual Dance For The World Community Festival
- An annual festival which features a celebration of dance, in its many forms, in an effort to create social change and build community.
Premiering this week Saturday at 6:00 PM & Sunday at 1:00 PM
BeLive: Charles River Conservency
- Host Renata von Tscharner, the Founder and President of The Charles River Conservency, discusses and advocates for the renewal of the urban parklands along the river. Guests include elected officials from Cambridge and the state along with fellow civic leaders who speak about this amazing resource for Cambridge and its citizens.
Airs this Wednesday and the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of every month at 5:30 PM
BeLive: Bangla Center Talk
- Host Suhas Barua invites various citizens and professionals from the community to discuss immigrant communites and individuals' day-to-day lives, achievements, problems, prospects, and activities.
Airs this Wednesday and the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of every month at 8:00 PM
BeLive: Your Health Or Mine?
- Host Jonathan Spierer discusses fitness, health, and relationships.
Airs this Friday and the 2nd Friday of every month at 5:30 PM
BeLive: Whole Health
- Host Lawrence Ferrara discusses health and nutrition.
Airs this Sunday and the 2nd & 4th Sunday of every month at 5:00 PM
BeLive: Health Is Wealth
- Host Roberta Robinson discusses issues surrounding health and nutrition.
Airs this Tuesday and the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 4:30 PM
BeLive: Emotional Talk
- Guest host Boriana Zaneva will discuss relationships and emotional matters that affect our everyday lives.
Airs this Tuesday and the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:30 PM
Focal Point: Earth - Life In The Forest
- An in-depth study of life in the forests and oceans on earth, how animals are treated and affected by humans, and a look at the general beauty of God's creation. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Wednesday at 7:00 AM, Thursday at 3:00 PM, Saturday at 11:00 AM, Monday at 8:00 AM, & Tuesday at 9:30 AM
The Inner Physician & Healer
- A guided meditation, using voice-over and images of nature, which encourages healing and relaxation through spirituality and faith in God.
Airing this week Wednesday at 1:30 PM, Thursday at 2:00 PM, Friday at 3:30 PM, Saturday at 9:30 AM, Sunday at 7:00 PM, & Tuesday at 11:30 PM
Good Friday Commemoration
- St. Mary's Church in Cambridge, MA, presents a reenactment of Good Friday followed by a procession commemorating it.
Airing this week Wednesday at 11:30 PM, Saturday at 7:30 AM, & Sunday at 7:30 AM
You Are Heirs To Selfless Love
- A Divine Prophetic Healing given on June 27, 2013 through translating the words of of Gabriele, a Prophetess and Spiritual Emissary, and including images of nature. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Thursday at 10:00 AM, Friday at 7:00 AM, Saturday at 10:00 AM, Monday at 9:00 AM, & Tuesday at 7:00 AM
The Living Will Envy The Dead
- A group of panelists discuss this title statement, found in the Bible in the revelation of John by the prophet Jeremiah, and analyze what it means in a modern context as well as the importance of God in combatting its implications. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Thursday at 11:00 AM, Saturday at 3:00 PM, Sunday at 12:00 PM, & Tuesday at 10:30 AM
Bangladesh Association Of New England Panel
- Previous past presidents of the Bangladesh Association of New England (BANE) discuss their experiences and personal histories with the organization.
Airing this week Thursday at 4:00 PM, Friday at 8:00 AM, Saturday at 12:00 PM, Monday at 7:00 AM, & Tuesday at 3:00 PM
NEW! Bodhisattvas Springing Up in the U.S.
- A short documentery about Rissho Kosei-kai, a buddhist organization which started in Japan and is now becoming widely popular in other countries, whose mission is to educate others about the teachings of Buddha and to propagate charity and human service around the world.
Premiering this week Saturday at 5:00 PM, Sunday at 8:00 PM, & Tuesday at 5:00 PM
NEW! A New Year - A New Life
- A religious program featuring a voice-over, accompanied by videos and images of nature, discussing what it means to have a new life when one is reborn through the faith in and love of Jesus and God.
Premiering this week Saturday at 5:30 PM, Sunday at 7:30 PM, & Tuesday at 5:30 PM
Short films and videos that are 10 minutes or less are scheduled randomly throughout the channels to give them more exposure and to entertain and enlighten our Cambridge audience in between our regularly scheduled programs. Here are some of the short videos you can see on our channels now:
NEW! Cambridge Food Truck Festival 2013
- A short profile piece about the 2013 Cambridge Food Truck Festival - one event of many across New England and outside of New England which introduces communities across the country to the growing phenomenon of gourmet good trucks while supporting and promoting the small business owners who run them.
CCTV Gallery Artists: Beth Redmond Walsh
- A short profile piece featuring artist and CCTV member Beth Redmond Walsh, who recently had her art featured in the Karen Aqua Gallery at Cambridge Community Television, taking a few minutes to answer some questions about her art display.
Digital Storytelling: "I'm OK"
- A video produced in the Digital Storytelling class of a poem, accompanied by pictures, about a man trying to convince himself and his ex-wife that he's OK after their break-up.
Video Portrait: A Friend Who Was Always There
- A Video Portrait by Michael Gibson of a loving and loyal dog named Chief.
Video Portrait: Cambridge Riverfest 2013
- A Video Portrait by Todd Rapisarda featuring a compilation of scenes and highlights from the 2013 Cambridge Riverfest.
Video Portrait: Ollie & Bianca @ Riverfest
- A short Video Portrait piece of Ollie & Bianca - street musicians and performers from Harvard Square who play instruments, juggle, make balloon art, and do face-painting! Produced and filmed by Erik Brown.
State Rep. Marjorie Decker Discusses Her Support Of Amendment H.3400
- State Representative Marjorie Decker offers her maiden speech on Amendment H.3400 - an act making appropriations for the fiscal year 2012 for the maintenance of departments, boards, commissions, institutions and certain activities of the Commonwealth, for interest, sinking fund and serial bond requirements and for certain permanent improvements.
"Fast Life" Behind-The-Scenes
- A behind-the-scenes look at a local music video for the song "Fast Life" by the rapper Raw Money including a sneak peek at what the finished product will look like. Produced by Rock Louis.
"Meet In Massachusetts" Promo
- Singer and songwriter Andrew Horn presents this promo video for his new single "Meet In Massachusetts" - a song which celebrates moving, living, and falling in love in Boston.
Demonstration VS The Gap
- Christian Herold presents this NeighborMedia news story featuring the Bangladesh Workers Solidarity Network and supporters picketing and protesting The Gap in Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA, on Saturday, May 4, 2013.
Fun In The Barbershop
- Clyde Hicks interviews patrons of a local barbershop about their opinions on gun control. Produced by Simon McDonough.
JAHSpirit Music Video - "Rastafari Soldier"
- A music video, produced by Angel Aiguier, for the song "Rastafari Soldier" by the Caribbean band JAHSpirit from their album Tough 'N Humble.
Mt. Auburn Hospital Vigil: Marathon Bomber Manhunt
- Christian Herold interviews people involved in a vigil on Friday, April 19, 2013, outside of Mount Auburn Hospital after the Marathon bomber suspect was captured and brought there.
Cambridge Candlelight Vigil: Boston Marathon Victims
- A picture montage accompanied by music of the candlelight vigil held on Wednesday, April 17, 2013, in commemoration of the victims of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing. Produced by Christian Herold.
Spy VS Spy
- Two opposing spies quarrel and harass each other in this fun short filmed and produced by Tony Valentino.
To view our current schedule at any time, visit http://www.cctvcambridge.org/schedule
If you have any questions about CCTV programming, what's on when, or if you would like to get your own BeLive or Community Radio show, feel free to contact:
Chris Lawn, Programming Coordinator
See you next week!