Programming Highlights: 25 Years In 25 Weeks, A 2nd BeLive Camera, A New Series on Channel 8, & What's On This Week
Programming Highlights: 25 Years In 25 Weeks, A 2nd BeLive Camera, A New Series on Channel 8, & What's On This Week
News & information about our BeLive & Community Radio Studios, current programming, special broadcast events, & what's on when!
25 Years In 25 Weeks: A Retrospective
- In honor of our 25th Anniversary Celebration, Cambridge Community Television will be airing some of our best programming from the past 25 years one week and year at a time in two blocks each week starting this Sunday! The blocks will be counting down the years, starting with 1988, every Sunday at 9:00 PM on Channel 9 & every Friday at 7:00 PM on Channel 8!
This Week: 1988 - The Year That Started It All!
- Take a journey back with us to 1988 - the year that CCTV opened its doors to the public and when all the magic began! See the LIVE Grand Opening Special, a short documentary about war, and a variety of short films and public service announcements made my past members.
Channel 9 - Sunday, July 7, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Channel 8 - Friday, July 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Movie Of The Week: "Angel On My Shoulder"
- The Devil arranges for a deceased gangster to return to Earth as a well-respected judge to make up for his previous life.
Channel 9 - Saturday at 9:00 PM
- The BeLive studio now has a NEW second camera for the producers and audience to enjoy! The new camera will allow the BeLive hosts to now choose between different camera angles and give the audience more to see. Tune in to any of our variety of BeLives to see for yourself Sundays through Thursdays from 4:30 PM to 9:00 PM and Fridays from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM!
BeLive Studio: Current Open Timeslots
- Sundays at 7:30 PM
- Mondays at 6:00 PM & 7:00 PM
- Tuesdays at 5:00 PM & 5:30 PM & 6:00 PM
- Wednesdays at 5:00 PM
Cambridge Community Radio "CCR" Studio: Current Open Timeslots
- Mondays at 2:00 PM-4:00 PM
- Tuesdays at 2:00 PM-3:00 PM
- Thursdays at 12:00 PM-2:00 PM
- Fridays at 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
NEW SERIES! Matt Connarton Unleashed
- A bipartisan political talk show, hosted by self-proclaimed Independent Matt Connarton, focusing on news and national topics with some music thrown in as well!
Airs every Sunday at 1:00 PM & every Monday at 10:00 PM
The Village Show - Guest: Author Chris Jennings
- Host Ric Cone from PACTV in Plymouth, MA, interviews Chris Jennings, author of "HIV/AIDS - The Facts and the Fiction", about scientific corruption and implausible theories surrounding the AIDS epidemic in Africa.
Airing this week Wednesday at 11:00 AM, Thursday at 10:30 PM, Saturday at 3:00 PM, & Sunday at 3:00 PM
Goober County Jamboree: Ask Me Later
- A lively down-home studio performance by the local bluegrass band "Ask Me Later".
Airing this week Wednesday at 2:30 PM, Thursday at 8:30 AM, Saturday at 6:00 PM, & Sunday at 11:00 AM
What Is Money?
- A diverse series of people around Cambridge and Greater Boston answer the question "what is money?" in their own words. Produced by Michael O'Brien
Airing this week Wednesday at 7:00 PM, Thursday at 2:30 PM, Saturday at 11:30 AM, Sunday at 10:30 AM, & Monday at 9:30 AM
St. Patrick's Day 2013 Peace Parade
- The St. Patrick's Day Peace Parade in South Boston, which took place on Sunday, March 17, 2013, to promote peace, equality, jobs, and social and economic justice. Produced by Jesse Perrier.
Airing this week Thursday at 9:00 AM & Sunday at 6:00 AM
The Autistic Brain: Thinking Across The Spectrum
- A lecture, which took place at the Main Cambridge Library, by Temple Grandin on her book "The Autistic Brain: Thinking Across The Spectrum" where she teaches listeners about the science of the autistic brain, and with it the history and sociology of autism.
Airing this week Thursday at 10:00 AM, Sunday at 6:00 PM, Monday at 11:00 AM, & Tuesday at 7:00 PM
StoriesLive 2013 Scholarship Slam
- A collection of winning stories from the 2013 StoriesLive Regional Scholarship Story Slam - a program that gives high school students the opportunity to tell a unique story in the hopes of being awarded scholarship money prizes.
Airing this week Thursday at 11:00 AM, Friday at 8:30 AM, & Sunday at 7:00 AM
Filling The News Gap in Cambridge & Beyond - Part 1: Welcome & Keynote Speaker & Part 2: Oases In The News Desert
- This conference marks the 5th anniversary of CCTV's NeighborMedia program, which was formed to ensure that local stories are told, shared, and celebrated. Filling The News Gap will air in four segments beginning with Parts 1 & 2 over the course of Summer 2013. Stay tuned to Programming Highlights each week for updates!
Part 1 features a welcome address by Susan Fleischmann - Executive Director of Cambridge Community Television, and a keynote address by Josh Stearns - Journalism and Public Media Campaign Director at Free Press.
Part 2 features journalists who talk about what it's like to cover Cambridge - a virtual news desert no daily newspaper nor local commercial radio and television, as well as the challenges and rewards that go along with it.
Airing this week Friday at 9:30 AM, Saturday at 4:00 PM & Monday at 10:00 PM
StoryStream: Cambridge Riverfest 2013 - Part 1
- Part 1 of a program featuring various individuals, groups, and organizations coming together to share stories, ideas, arts, and cultures at this fun and engaging annual event in Cambridge.
Airing this week Friday at 9:00 PM, Sunday at 2:00 PM, & Tuesday at 10:00 AM
- A play, written and performed by Nancy Hurlbut, depicting twenty-one years of family life during and after World War II. Directed by Christopher Webb, the play is presented by the Multicultural Arts Center in Cambridge, MA, in conjunction with the 2013 Cambridge Science Festival.
Airing this week Saturday at 8:00 AM & Monday at 12:00 AM
NEW! Cambridge Open Studios 2013: Tim Tsang
- Cambridge Open Studios, performed at Cambridge Community Television, is a platform for local artists and musicians to display their talent for a live audience. This episode features keyboardist and piano player Tim Tsang.
Premiering this week Sunday at 5:00 PM & Monday at 7:30 PM
NEW! ZIP Docs: Spiritual Bazaar
- A short documentary, produced by the students in the ZIP Docs class at Cambridge Community Television, exploring the spiritual diversity of Cambridge from a local Zen meditation center to an independent religious bookstore.
Premiering this week Sunday at 5:30 PM & Monday at 7:00 PM
NEW! Hugh McGowan: LIVE From CCTV
- Hugh McGowan, a musician from Somerville with a focus on pop, folk, and indie rock, performs in the Cambridge Community Television main studio for CCTV's "Beginning Studio Production: Primetime!" class.
Premiering this week Sunday at 7:00 PM & Monday at 10:00 AM
NOTE: CCTV will be closed Thursday, July 4, 2013 in honor of Independence Day, so there will not be any new LIVE BeLive programs that evening.
BeLive: Women Speak
- Mary Leno and Tess Ewing present interviews and discussion about women's careers and women in the workplace.
Airing this Wednesday and the 1st Wednesday of every month at 5:30 PM
BeLive: On Digital Air
- Host Garabed Setrakian explores all things digital and seeks to invigorate and inform viewers with tasteful arts and technology reviews.
Airs this Sunday & the 1st Sunday of every month at 5:00 PM
BeLive: Wisdom & Song
- William Hamill, a countertenor, sings and performs.
Airs this Tuesday and the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of every month at 4:30 PM
Focal Point: Earth - Life In The Forest
- An in-depth study of life in the forests and oceans on earth, how animals are treated and affected by humans, and a look at the general beauty of God's creation. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Wednesday at 7:00 AM, Thursday at 3:00 PM, Saturday at 11:00 AM, Monday at 8:00 AM, & Tuesday at 10:30 AM
The Inner Physician & Healer
- A guided meditation, using voice-over and images of nature, which encourages healing and relaxation through spirituality and faith in God.
Airing this week Wednesday at 1:30 PM, Thursday at 2:00 PM, Friday at 3:30 PM, Saturday at 12:30 PM, Sunday at 8:00 PM, & Tuesday at 11:30 PM
Good Friday Commemoration
- St. Mary's Church in Cambridge, MA, presents a reenactment of Good Friday followed by a procession commemorating it.
Airing this week Wednesday at 11:30 PM, Saturday at 7:30 AM, Sunday at 7:30 AM, & Tuesday at 1:30 PM
You Are Heirs To Selfless Love
- A Divine Prophetic Healing given on June 27, 2013 through translating the words of of Gabriele, a Prophetess and Spiritual Emissary, and including images of nature. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Thursday at 10:00 AM, Friday at 7:00 AM, Saturday at 10:00 AM, Monday at 7:00 AM, & Tuesday at 9:30 AM
The Living Will Envy The Dead
- A group of panelists discuss this title statement, found in the Bible in the revelation of John by the prophet Jeremiah, and analyze what it means in a modern context as well as the importance of God in combatting its implications. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Thursday at 11:00 AM, Saturday at 5:00 PM, Sunday at 7:00 PM, Monday at 9:00 AM, & Tuesday at 3:00 PM
Bangladesh Association Of New England Panel
- Previous past presidents of the Bangladesh Association of New England (BANE) discuss their experiences and personal histories with the organization.
Airing this week Thursday at 4:00 PM, Friday at 8:00 AM, Saturday at 3:00 PM, Sunday at 12:00 PM, & Tuesday at 5:00 PM
El Sabor de la Historia
- El viaje conmovedor de Jesús Garcia a través de la frontera entre México y Los E.E.U.U. por la región del Desierto Sonorense evidencia que las estrategias solidarias son las más enriquecedoras. Arraigado en el pasado y floreciente en el presente su Proyecto de los Arboles Frutales Históricos de Kino nos ofrece un sabor de los prometedores oasis en el desierto que él ayuda a cultivar.
Transmitido esta semana Jueves a las 11:30 PM, Sábado a las 12:00 PM, & Domingo a las 9:30 AM
Short films and videos that are 10 minutes or less are scheduled randomly throughout the channels to give them more exposure and to entertain and enlighten our Cambridge audience in between our regularly scheduled programs. Here are some of the short videos you can see on our channels now:
NEW! CCTV Gallery Artists: Beth Redmond Walsh
- A short profile piece featuring artist and CCTV member Beth Redmond Walsh, who recently had her art featured in the Karen Aqua Gallery at Cambridge Community Television, taking a few minutes to answer some questions about her art display.
Digital Storytelling: "I'm OK"
- A video produced in the Digital Storytelling class of a poem, accompanied by pictures, about a man trying to convince himself and his ex-wife that he's OK after their break-up.
Video Portrait: A Friend Who Was Always There
- A Video Portrait by Michael Gibson of a loving and loyal dog named Chief.
Video Portrait: Cambridge Riverfest 2013
- A Video Portrait by Todd Rapisarda featuring a compilation of scenes and highlights from the 2013 Cambridge Riverfest.
"Bender" Music Video
- A music video of the song "Bender" by Big D and the Kids Table featuring a man taking a stand against his ex-girlfriend trying to get him away from his booze. Filmed,produced by, and starring Todd Rapisarda.
Video Portrait: Ollie & Bianca @ Riverfest
- A short Video Portrait piece of Ollie & Bianca - street musicians and performers from Harvard Square who play instruments, juggle, make balloon art, and do face-painting! Produced and filmed by Erik Brown.
State Rep. Marjorie Decker Discusses Her Support Of Amendment H.3400
- State Representative Marjorie Decker offers her maiden speech on Amendment H.3400 - an act making appropriations for the fiscal year 2012 for the maintenance of departments, boards, commissions, institutions and certain activities of the Commonwealth, for interest, sinking fund and serial bond requirements and for certain permanent improvements.
"Fast Life" Behind-The-Scenes
- A behind-the-scenes look at a local music video for the song "Fast Life" by the rapper Raw Money including a sneak peek at what the finished product will look like. Produced by Rock Louis.
"Meet In Massachusetts" Promo
- Singer and songwriter Andrew Horn presents this promo video for his new single "Meet In Massachusetts" - a song which celebrates moving, living, and falling in love in Boston.
Demonstration VS The Gap
- Christian Herold presents this NeighborMedia news story featuring the Bangladesh Workers Solidarity Network and supporters picketing and protesting The Gap in Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA, on Saturday, May 4, 2013.
Fun In The Barbershop
- Clyde Hicks interviews patrons of a local barbershop about their opinions on gun control. Produced by Simon McDonough.
JAHSpirit Music Video - "Rastafari Soldier"
- A music video, produced by Angel Aiguier, for the song "Rastafari Soldier" by the Caribbean band JAHSpirit from their album Tough 'N Humble.
Mt. Auburn Hospital Vigil: Marathon Bomber Manhunt
- Christian Herold interviews people involved in a vigil on Friday, April 19, 2013, outside of Mount Auburn Hospital after the Marathon bomber suspect was captured and brought there.
Cambridge Candlelight Vigil: Boston Marathon Victims
- A picture montage accompanied by music of the candlelight vigil held on Wednesday, April 17, 2013, in commemoration of the victims of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing. Produced by Christian Herold.
Spy VS Spy
- Two opposing spies quarrel and harass each other in this fun short filmed and produced by Tony Valentino.
To view our current schedule at any time, visit http://www.cctvcambridge.org/schedule
If you have any questions about CCTV programming, what's on when, or if you would like to get your own BeLive or Community Radio show, feel free to contact:
Chris Lawn, Programming Coordinator
See you next week!