CCTV is requesting your programming about the current coronavirus pandemic and its effect on your life. Submit here!
Programming Highlights: StoryStream at Cambridge Riverfest, Filling The News Gap, Temple Grandin, & What's On This Week
Programming Highlights: StoryStream at Cambridge Riverfest, Filling The News Gap, Temple Grandin, & What's On This Week
News & information about our BeLive & Community Radio Studios, current programming, special broadcast events, & what's on when!
Movie Of The Week: "Heartbeat"
- A young female escapee from a reform school joins a pickpocket academy in Paris. She is caught red-handed on her first attempt at stealing by an upper class man. He recruits her to do him a favor at a society party where she meets and falls in love with a young, handsome, rich diplomat. Whether or not she can land him is another story.
Channel 9 - Saturday at 9:00 PM
BeLive Studio: Current Open Timeslots
- Sundays at 7:30 PM
- Mondays at 6:00 PM & 7:00 PM
- Tuesdays at 5:30 PM & 6:00 PM
- Wednesdays at 5:00 PM
Cambridge Community Radio "CCR" Studio: Current Open Timeslots
- Mondays at 2:00 PM-4:00 PM
- Tuesdays at 2:00 PM-3:00 PM
- Thursdays at 12:00 PM-2:00 PM
- Fridays at 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
The Village Show - Guest: Author Chris Jennings
- Host Ric Cone from PACTV in Plymouth, MA, interviews Chris Jennings, author of "HIV/AIDS - The Facts and the Fiction", about scientific corruption and implausible theories surrounding the AIDS epidemic in Africa.
Airing this week Wednesday at 11:00 AM, Thursday at 10:30 PM, Friday at 9:30 AM, Saturday at 3:00 PM, Sunday at 3:00 PM, & Monday at 7:00 PM
What Is Money?
- A diverse series of people around Cambridge and Greater Boston answer the question "what is money?" in their own words. Produced by Michael O'Brien
Airing this week Wednesday at 7:00 PM, Thursday at 2:30 PM, Sunday at 7:30 PM, & Monday at 9:30 AM
- A program documenting Jesus Garcia's inspirational journey across the Mexico-U.S. border in the Sonoran Desert region. Produced by Dena Ellen Cowan.
Airing this week Thursday at 8:30 AM, Friday at 2:30 PM, Saturday at 11:30 AM, & Sunday at 9:00 AM
StoriesLive 2013 Scholarship Slam
- A collection of winning stories from the 2013 StoriesLive Regional Scholarship Story Slam - a program that gives high school students the opportunity to tell a unique story in the hopes of being awarded scholarship money prizes.
Airing this week Thursday at 9:00 AM, Friday at 9:00 PM, Sunday at 5:00 PM, & Monday at 10:00 AM
- A play, written and performed by Nancy Hurlbut, depicting twenty-one years of family life during and after World War II. Directed by Christopher Webb, the play is presented by the Multicultural Arts Center in Cambridge, MA, in conjunction with the 2013 Cambridge Science Festival.
Airing this week Thursday at 10:00 AM, Saturday at 8:00 AM, & Monday at 12:00 AM
St. Patrick's Day 2013 Peace Parade
- The St. Patrick's Day Peace Parade in South Boston, which took place on Sunday, March 17, 2013, to promote peace, equality, jobs, and social and economic justice. Produced by Jesse Perrier.
Airing this week Friday at 8:30 AM & Sunday at 10:30 AM
Goober County Jamboree: Ask Me Later
- A lively down-home studio performance by the local bluegrass band "Ask Me Later".
Airing this week Friday at 10:30 AM, Saturday at 6:00 PM, & Sunday at 7:00 PM
NEW! StoryStream: Cambridge Riverfest 2013 - Part 1
- Part 1 of a program featuring various individuals, groups, and organizations coming together to share stories, ideas, arts, and cultures at this fun and engaging annual event in Cambridge.
Premiering this week Friday at 9:00 PM, Sunday at 2:00 PM, & Tuesday at 10:00 AM
NEW! Filling The News Gap in Cambridge & Beyond - Part 1: Welcome & Keynote Speaker & Part 2: Oases In The News Desert
- This conference marks the 5th anniversary of CCTV's NeighborMedia program, which was formed to ensure that local stories are told, shared, and celebrated. Filling The News Gap will air in four segments beginning with Parts 1 & 2 over the course of Summer 2013. Stay tuned to Programming Highlights each week for updates!
Part 1 features a welcome address by Susan Fleischmann - Executive Director of Cambridge Community Television, and a keynote address by Josh Stearns - Journalism and Public Media Campaign Director at Free Press.
Part 2 features journalists who talk about what it's like to cover Cambridge - a virtual news desert no daily newspaper nor local commercial radio and television, as well as the challenges and rewards that go along with it.
Premiering this week Saturday at 4:00 PM & Monday at 10:00 PM
NEW! The Autistic Brain: Thinking Across The Spectrum
- A lecture, which took place at the Main Cambridge Library, by Temple Grandin on her book "The Autistic Brain: Thinking Across The Spectrum" where she teaches listeners about the science of the autistic brain, and with it the history and sociology of autism.
Premiering this week Sunday at 6:00 PM, Monday at 11:00 AM, & Tuesday at 7:00 PM
BeLive: Charles River Conservency
- Host Renata von Tscharner, the Founder and President of The Charles River Conservency, discusses and advocates for the renewal of the urban parklands along the river. Guests include elected officials from Cambridge and the state along with fellow civic leaders who speak about this amazing resource for Cambridge and its citizens.
Airing this Wednesday and the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of every month at 5:30 PM
BeLive: Bangla Center Talk
- Host Suhas Barua invites various citizens and professionals from the community to discuss immigrant communites and individuals' day-to-day lives, achievements, problems, prospects, and activities.
Airs this Wednesday and the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of every month at 8:00 PM
BeLive: Seniors Needed
- Host Robert S. Hurlbut discusses issues and topics of interest concerning the senior citizens of Cambridge.
Airs this Friday and the 4th Friday of every month at 4:00 PM
BeLive: City Links - For Teens, By Teens
- Students involved in the City Links program in Cambridge teach a little bit about history, discuss issues that effect them and their peers, and explore their cultural backgrounds.
Airs this Tuesday and the 1st Tuesday of every month at 5:00 PM
BeLive: Emotional Talk
- Guest host Boriana Zaneva will discuss relationships and emotional matters that affect our everyday lives.
Airs this Tuesday and the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:30 PM
Focal Point: Earth - Life In The Forest
- An in-depth study of life in the forests and oceans on earth, how animals are treated and affected by humans, and a look at the general beauty of God's creation. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Wednesday at 7:00 AM, Thursday at 4:00 PM, Saturday at 11:00 AM, Monday at 8:00 AM, & Tuesday at 10:30 AM
Good Friday Commemoration
- St. Mary's Church in Cambridge, MA, presents a reenactment of Good Friday followed by a procession commemorating it.
Airing this week Wednesday at 1:30 PM, Thursday at 10:00 AM, Saturday at 7:30 AM, Sunday at 7:30 AM, & Tuesday at 1:30 PM
The Inner Physician & Healer
- A guided meditation, using voice-over and images of nature, which encourages healing and relaxation through spirituality and faith in God.
Airing this week Wednesday at 11:30 PM, Thursday at 2:00 PM, Friday at 3:30 PM, Saturday at 12:30 PM, Sunday at 8:00 PM, & Tuesday at 11:30 PM
Bangladesh Association Of New England Panel
- Previous past presidents of the Bangladesh Association of New England (BANE) discuss their experiences and personal histories with the organization.
Airing this week Thursday at 11:00 AM, Friday at 8:00 AM, Saturday at 3:00 PM, Sunday at 12:00 PM, & Tuesday at 5:00 PM
You Are Heirs To Selfless Love
- A Divine Prophetic Healing given on June 27, 2013 through translating the words of of Gabriele, a Prophetess and Spiritual Emissary, and including images of nature. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Thursday at 3:00 PM, Friday at 7:00 AM, Saturday at 10:00 AM, Monday at 7:00 AM, & Tuesday at 9:30 AM
El Sabor de la Historia
- El viaje conmovedor de Jesús Garcia a través de la frontera entre México y Los E.E.U.U. por la región del Desierto Sonorense evidencia que las estrategias solidarias son las más enriquecedoras. Arraigado en el pasado y floreciente en el presente su Proyecto de los Arboles Frutales Históricos de Kino nos ofrece un sabor de los prometedores oasis en el desierto que él ayuda a cultivar.
Transmitido esta semana Jueves a las 11:30 PM, Sábado a las 12:00 PM, & Domingo a las 9:30 AM
NEW! The Living Will Envy The Dead
- A group of panelists discuss this title statement, found in the Bible in the revelation of John by the prophet Jeremiah, and analyze what it means in a modern context as well as the importance of God in combatting its implications. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Premiering this week Saturday at 5:00 PM, Sunday at 7:00 PM, Monday at 9:00 AM, & Tuesday at 3:00 PM
Short films and videos that are 10 minutes or less are scheduled randomly throughout the channels to give them more exposure and to entertain and enlighten our Cambridge audience in between our regularly scheduled programs. Here are some of the short videos you can see on our channels now:
NEW! Digital Storytelling: "I'm OK"
- A video produced in the Digital Storytelling class of a poem, accompanied by pictures, about a man trying to convince himself and his ex-wife that he's OK after their break-up.
NEW! Video Portrait: A Friend Who Was Always There
- A Video Portrait by Michael Gibson of a loving and loyal dog named Chief.
Video Portrait: Cambridge Riverfest 2013
- A Video Portrait by Todd Rapisarda featuring a compilation of scenes and highlights from the 2013 Cambridge Riverfest.
"Bender" Music Video
- A music video of the song "Bender" by Big D and the Kids Table featuring a man taking a stand against his ex-girlfriend trying to get him away from his booze. Filmed,produced by, and starring Todd Rapisarda.
Video Portrait: Ollie & Bianca @ Riverfest
- A short Video Portrait piece of Ollie & Bianca - street musicians and performers from Harvard Square who play instruments, juggle, make balloon art, and do face-painting! Produced and filmed by Erik Brown.
State Rep. Marjorie Decker Discusses Her Support Of Amendment H.3400
- State Representative Marjorie Decker offers her maiden speech on Amendment H.3400 - an act making appropriations for the fiscal year 2012 for the maintenance of departments, boards, commissions, institutions and certain activities of the Commonwealth, for interest, sinking fund and serial bond requirements and for certain permanent improvements.
"Fast Life" Behind-The-Scenes
- A behind-the-scenes look at a local music video for the song "Fast Life" by the rapper Raw Money including a sneak peek at what the finished product will look like. Produced by Rock Louis.
"Meet In Massachusetts" Promo
- Singer and songwriter Andrew Horn presents this promo video for his new single "Meet In Massachusetts" - a song which celebrates moving, living, and falling in love in Boston.
Demonstration VS The Gap
- Christian Herold presents this NeighborMedia news story featuring the Bangladesh Workers Solidarity Network and supporters picketing and protesting The Gap in Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA, on Saturday, May 4, 2013.
Fun In The Barbershop
- Clyde Hicks interviews patrons of a local barbershop about their opinions on gun control. Produced by Simon McDonough.
JAHSpirit Music Video - "Rastafari Soldier"
- A music video, produced by Angel Aiguier, for the song "Rastafari Soldier" by the Caribbean band JAHSpirit from their album Tough 'N Humble.
Mt. Auburn Hospital Vigil: Marathon Bomber Manhunt
- Christian Herold interviews people involved in a vigil on Friday, April 19, 2013, outside of Mount Auburn Hospital after the Marathon bomber suspect was captured and brought there.
Cambridge Candlelight Vigil: Boston Marathon Victims
- A picture montage accompanied by music of the candlelight vigil held on Wednesday, April 17, 2013, in commemoration of the victims of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing. Produced by Christian Herold.
Spy VS Spy
- Two opposing spies quarrel and harass each other in this fun short filmed and produced by Tony Valentino.
To view our current schedule at any time, visit http://www.cctvcambridge.org/schedule
If you have any questions about CCTV programming, what's on when, or if you would like to get your own BeLive or Community Radio show, feel free to contact:
Chris Lawn, Programming Coordinator
See you next week!