Short films and videos that are 10 minutes or less are scheduled randomly throughout the channels to give them more exposure and to entertain and enlighten our Cambridge audience in between our scheduled programs. Here are some of the short videos playing on our channels now:
Demonstration Against Le Meridien Hotel
- A short video, produced by Christian Herold, documenting the demonstration by hotel workers with Unite Here Local 26 against Le Meridien Hotel on Thursday, April 4, 2013. The demonstration starts at Cambridge City Hall and marches down Massachusetts Avenue to Sydney Street.
Spy VS Spy
- Two opposing spies quarrel and harass each other in this fun short film produced by Tony Valentino.
Cambridge Candlelight Vigil: Boston Marathon Victims
- A picture montage accompanied by music of the candlelight vigil held on Wednesday, April 17, 2013, in commemoration of the victims of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing. Produced by Christian Herold.
Mt. Auburn Hospital Vigil: Marathon Bomber Manhunt
- Christian Herold interviews people involved in a vigil on Friday, April 19, 2013, outside of Mount Auburn Hospital after the Marathon bomber suspect was captured and brought there.
JAHSpirit Music Video - "Rastafari Soldier"
- A music video, produced by Angel Aiguier, for the song "Rastafari Soldier" by the Caribbean band JAHSpirit from their album Tough 'N Humble.
BeLive Studio: Current Open Timeslots
- Tuesdays at 5:30 PM
- Wednesdays at 7:30 PM & 8:30 PM
- Thursdays at 8:30 PM
Cambridge Community Radio "CCR" Studio: Current Open Timeslots
- Tuesdays at 2:00 PM-3:00 PM
- Wednesdays at 12:00 PM-2:00 PM
- Thursdays at 12:00 PM-2:00 PM
- Fridays at 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
Angel7Productions - News & Entertainment
- "Norfolk Street Evacuation - The Longest Day On Earth 2013". Angel Aiguier chronicles events on the day of the evacuation of Norfolk street - starting at 6:30 AM on Friday, April 19, 2013. Produced by Angel Aiguier.
Airing this week Thursday at 8:30 AM, Saturday at 4:00 PM, Sunday at 7:00 PM & Tuesday at 10:00 AM
Far From Afghanistan
- Five accomplished, politically progressive filmmakers come together to raise the collective consciousness about the U.S. war in Afghanistan, officially the longest war in U.S. history. Produced by John Gianvito.
Airing this week Thursday at 9:30 AM, Sunday at 5:30 AM, & Monday at 9:30 AM
Massmouth Season IV: Story Slam Winners
- The winners of Massmouth Season IV face off with words at the Big Mouth Off - the final slam of the season. Produced by Paula Junn.
Airing this week Thursday at 1:00 PM, Saturday at 6:00 PM, & Sunday at 6:30 PM
FDR's Four Freedoms For Developing Nations
- Uche Ikpa discusses why Western nations should help developing nations adopt President Roosevelt's Four Freedoms so they can work towards being free of want by cultivating and developing their own resources. Produced by Uche Ikpa.
Airing this week Thursday at 2:30 PM, Friday at 9:00 PM, Saturday at 11:30 AM & Tuesday at 7:00 PM
Jimmy Tingle & The Battle For The Bottle Bill
- Jimmy Tingle hosts and presents a night of comedy, music, and conversation with elected officials and environmental activists from the Sierra Club and Mass Pirg regarding updating the current Bottle Bill in Massachusetts.
Airing this week Thursday at 10:30 PM, Saturday at 3:00 PM, Sunday at 2:00 PM, & Monday at 7:00 PM
Innovation District Discussion Panel
- A panel of experts discusses the Innovation District, including Kendall Square. The Innovation District is nestled between Boston’s transportation gateways: abutting historic Boston Harbor, adjacent to Logan International Airport, and at the nexus of two major interstate highways. It also contains the largest tract of underdeveloped land in the city of Boston, an area with opportunity for growth, a strong existing knowledge base, and the ideal location for producing new ideas, new services and new products.
Airing this week Friday at 8:30 AM & Sunday at 3:00 AM
- A unique program featuring a music video followed by a discussion with three identical clones about the music video, spirituality, and religion. Produced by Wayne Robinson.
Airing this week Friday at 2:30 PM, Saturday at 7:30 PM, & Sunday at 6:00 PM
Muslim Athletic League - Men's Basketball 2013 Playoffs
- The Muslim Athletic League men's basketball 2013 season playoffs. The Muslim Athletic League is a registered 501(c)(3) open to all with the goals of bridging gaps and nurturing understanding between Muslim and non-Muslim youth and adults through sports and physical activities.
Saturday at 8:30 AM & Monday at 10:00 PM
CCTV 25-Hour Production Marathon
- A compilation of the short films created in a special day-long production exercise and competition which took place on the weekend of Saturday, April 27, 2013, and Sunday, April 28, 2013, to celebrate CCTV's 25th anniversary.
Sunday at 3:00 PM & Tuesday at 7:30 PM
BeLive: Nubia Now & Then
- A cultural program that focuses on the history and current events of the Nubian society in Egypt.
Airs tonight and the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of every month at 7:00 PM
BeLive: Sound And Vision
- A monthly show featuring local visual and performing artists' work and exhibits along with talks, interviews, discussions, and reviews of artists' work on their websites or blogs.
Airs tonight and the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 8:00 PM
BeLive: Wisdom & Song
- William Hamill, a countertenor singer, hosts and performs this lively show.
Airs this Tuesday and the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 4:30 PM
BeLive: Emotional Talk
- Shalhavit Cohen hosts this live show focusing on friends talking about relationships and emotional matters in our everyday lives.
Airs this Tuesday and the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:30 PM
NEW! BeLive: The Foundry
- Host Ilan Levy raises awareness about an historic opportunity in East Cambridge to foster a non-profit serving kids and the arts.
Premieres this Tuesday and every Tuesday at 7:00 PM
BeLive: Dianna's Daily Dose - New Time!
- Dianna's Daily Dose is a health and fitness program based in Cambridge. Dianna Ploss has lived in Cambridge since 2001, holds a masters in nursing from MGH, and has spent years working out with a personal trainer.
Airing at her new time at 8:30 PM starting this Tuesday, May 21, 2013
El Sabor de la Historia
- A program, spoken in Spanish, documenting Jesus Garcia's inspirational journey across the Mexico-U.S. border in the Sonoran Desert region.
Airing this week Thursday at 3:00 PM, Friday at 3:30 PM, Saturday at 12:30 PM, Sunday at 9:30 PM, & Tuesday at 1:30 PM
Straighten Up To Attain The Correct Spiritual Attitude
- A roundtable discussion on Message from the All Divine Prophetic Healing given through his prophetess, Gabriele, on June 27, 1993. Produced and presented by Radio Santec
Airing this week Thursday at 3:30 PM, Friday at 7:00 AM, Saturday at 11:00 AM, Monday at 8:00 AM, & Tuesday at 3:00 PM
Good Friday Commemoration
- St. Mary's Church in Cambridge, MA, presents a reenactment of Good Friday followed by a procession commemorating it.
Airing this week Saturday at 7:30 AM, Sunday at 8:00 PM, & Tuesday at 11:30 PM
- A program featuring the Hindu religious ceremony Durga Puja that celebrates the Hindu goddess Durga's defeat of the evil buffalo demon Mahishasura, thereby celebrating the victory of Good over Evil. Produced by Bishawjit Saha.
Airing this week Saturday at 10:00 AM, Monday at 7:00 AM, & Tuesday at 9:30 AM
Radio Santec Presents: You Are Heirs To Selfless Love
- A Divine Prophetic Healing given on June 27, 2013 through translating the words of of Gabriele, a Prophetess and Spiritual Emissary, and including images of nature. Produced and presented by Radio Santec.
Airing this week Saturday at 3:00 PM, Monday at 9:00 AM, & Tuesday at 7:00 AM
To view our current schedule at any time, visit http://www.cctvcambridge.org/schedule
If you have any questions about CCTV programming, what's on when, or if you would like to get your own BeLive or Community Radio show, feel free to contact:
Chris Lawn, Programming Coordinator
See you next week!