This Week in NeighborMedia: a recap of the week's captivating Cambridge stories produced by NeighborMedia correspondents at Cambridge Community Television.
- Sarah Cortes covers Anonymous protestors reaction to Assange asylum by occupying front of Cambridge's British Consulate: "Anonymous Protesters Continue Second Day and Night of Occupation in front of Cambridge, MA British Consulate" and "Anonymous Protestors at Cambridge, MA British Consulate Last Night over UK Ecuadorean Embassy Threat to Forcibly Remove Assange."
- Saul Tannenbaum reports on Cambridge reaction to the Uber hired car service: "Uber Stung: Cambridge Tries to Stifle Innovation. Fails."
- Mark Jaquith shares photographs and reactions to last weekend's circus performance event in Somerville's Union Square: "Hungry Tiger Street Festival."
- Saul Tannenbaum documents concerns raised by Cambridge and surrounding communities about ethanol being transported through the region by train: "Traveling Inferno: Plans for Ethanol Trains Through Cambridge Placed On Siding Pending Safety Study."
- Siobhan Bredin highlights historical photos and stories from Cambridge Discovery Days 2012, focusing on Cambridge's East End House: "Women, Immigration, and Cambridge: The East End Christian Union."
- NeighborMedia is looking for new citizen journalists to join our team this fall! Are you interested in learning about journalism and making media? Want to connect with others in Cambridge to cover local news, culture and events? Read on for details about our September 6th open house.
Upcoming Cambridge Events
- August 17-19
- Area Premiere! RESTLESS CITY
- August 19
- CCTV's Stop Motion Animation Class
- August 21
- Copyright Primer (Free and open to all Cambridge residents)
- One on One advising (Free and open to CCTV's access members)
- August 23
- CCTV's Field Lighting Class
- August 24
- New 35mm Print! DAISIES (1966)
- Ongoing Events
- Car Talk: The Musical!!! (Now - September 2)
- For additional events or to post your own, visit CambridgeCalendar.org.
Have a story idea? Send email to newstip (AT) cctvcambridge (DOT) org.
Can't get enough NeighborMedia?