Local music for local video
What is Bandwidth?
Bandwidth is CCTV's local music project.Our goal is to gather a library of great music for our video producers and our channels while obeying copyright law, connecting creative people, and giving local musicians more exposure. Local musicians can submit their work to be a part of the Bandwidth music library by following the steps listed below. All use will be strictly non-commercial and every video producer who uses music from the Bandwidth library will be required to give full credit to the artist(s).
How it Works: for Artists, Bands, Composers
To submit your music to the Bandwidth library.
- Download the agreement form (PDF).
- Familiarize yourself with the terms and complete the form.
- Return the form by mail or in person to Bandwidth c/o CCTV, along with an audio CD.
Your music will be added to our indexed collection that is available for CCTV members to use in their video productions. Producers are required to give full credit information for any songs/compositions they use. Selections from the Bandwidth library may also be included in an audio channel that plays in-between programs on all three cable channels.
CCTV Member Video Producers
To make use of this great resource, take the following steps-
- Follow the standard procedure to get a Production Contract.
- When you are ready to edit, sign the producer agreement and check out a hard drive containing the Bandwidth library classified by genre.
- Browse the collection and select any songs/compositions you want to use.
- When you hand in your completed project to be cablecast, include the Bandwidth video producer form, indicating which pieces you used in your video.
- Be nice and contact the artist(s) to thank them for their music!
Still Have a Question? Contact CCTV
Local Bands on Local TV!
Bandwidth TV is another way CCTV's Bandwidth project gets local music heard. The program is shot in the CCTV studio and features performances and interviews with local bands.
Past participants include Dance Smack, Bury Me Standing, Xiphoid Dementia, Silencio, Fat Creeps, @tik Boiz, Walter Sickert & the Army of Broken Toys, Otto Kinzel, Beware the Dangers of a Ghost Scorpion!, Grey Sky Appeal, Exusamwa, Mamadou, Electric Mummy, Daniel Bennett Group, Boston Typewriter Orchestra, Quilt, Razors in the Night, Partyboobytrap, Danielle Doyle, Girlfriends, Yoni Gordon and the Goods, Tokyo Tramps, Animal Hospital, Emperor Norton's Stationary Marching Band, Black Fortress of Opium, Lindsay Clark, The Needy Visions, Encanti, Ramming Speed, Debo Band, Bulent Guneralp, Earth People Orchestra, Bill T. Miller/Orgy of Noise, The Glow, Vagiant, Cathy Cathodic, TDSOGF, I.R.S. Reggae Band, Frank Morey and his Band, The Hospital Rats, A.K.A.C.O.D., Letia Larok, Three Day Threshold, Jessica Rylan, III Kings, Life Partners, My Little Radio, Big Digits, Cassette, Tunnel of Love, Sarah Brindell, JT & the Dirty Truth, Zili Misik, The Big Disappointments, Magic People, Group Saloum & Lamine Toure, Agari Crew and Marta Gomez.