CCTV is looking for an organized, reliable, and friendly individual to oversee computer lab during weekly drop-in hours dedicated to offering individualized computer help to job seekers in our area. The intern will assist job seekers in acquiring a variety of computer skills, with a focus on job searching, resume writing, and other related skills. The intern will also develop and teach brief job-oriented min-lessons during each weekly session.
A sincere interest in helping people use computers is required, as is sensitivity to the needs and concerns of those new to computers. Must feel comfortable working with a non-profit organization with a diverse constituency.
Training and support will be provided.
Details & Benefits:
* Work ~2 hours per week for four months
* Develop curriculum for weekly mini-lessons (15-20 minute lessons)
* Receive free membership to CCTV
* Take free CCTV classes for the duration of the internship
* Production opportunities available
* College credit possible
* Network with the local video production community
* Gain valuable teaching experience.
* Receive support from professions in the field.
Qualifications: Basic knowledge of MAC computers is necessary, as is basic knowledge of computer needs of job seekers.
How to apply: Please email a copy of your resume to Nicole Belanger at nicole(AT)cctvcambridge(DOT)org, or drop off at CCTV at 438 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA.