Programming Highlights: Wed, Aug 27 - Tue, Sep 2, 2014
Programming Highlights: Wed, Aug 27 - Tue, Sep 2, 2014
FEATURING: Nelson Mandela International Day, NEW Shorts, Tails Of The City, Movie Of The Week & Donaćion de Óreganos
SPECIAL LIVE EVENT!!!
Town Hall Meeting LIVE: Ferguson and Beyond
An important Town Hall Meeting and discussion focused on the killings of black men by police featuring guest speakers Dr. Ron Daniels, Andy Shallal, Danny Glover, Barbara Arnwine, Hilary Shelton, Nkechi Taifa, Ron Hampton, Jasiri X, Keenan Keller, and Don Rojas. Sponsored by the Institute of the Black World 21st Century and co-sponsored by the Busboys & Poets' A.C.T.O.R. and the Institute for Policy Studies.
Ch. 8 - Premiering LIVE: Wednesday @ 6:30 PM
DEBUTING THIS WEEK ON CCTV!
Momentum Theatre Troupe Presents: "The Proposal"
The Momentum Theatre Troupe performs the one-act play "The Proposal," by Anton Chekhov, at Sennott Park in Cambridge, MA, on Friday, August 8, 2014. Produced by Maurice Wilkey.
Ch. 8 - Premiering this week: Sat 4:30 PM, Sun 7:30 PM, Mon 1 PM & Tue 9:30 PM
Nelson Mandela International Day
On July 18, 2013, Nelson Mandela’s 95th birthday, a coalition of Boston area community organizations, elected officials, and activists hosted a celebration of Mandela’s life at the Old South Church in Copley Square. The celebration included special guest speakers Governor Deval Patrick, Mayor Thomas M. Menino, Deputy Chief of Mission Johnny Moloto, and Groton School Headmaster & SA Partners Board Member Temba Maqubela. Byron Noemdoe, a student at Berklee School of Music, performed during the evening accompanied by other singers and musicians. Produced by Rochelle Shokoti.
Ch. 8 - Premiering this week: Sat 5 PM, Sun 6 PM & Mon 9:30 AM
NEW Local Shorts
Every week, CCTV runs new short programs in an unstoppable block of entertainment! Tune in to Ch. 8 every Sunday @ 5 PM & every Tuesday @ 6 PM for a chance to laugh, cry, learn, and be inspired! This week's NEW shorts:
- Neighborhood Profiles: West Cambridge, featuring Gavin Kleespies, Executive Director of The Cambridge Historical Society, introducing West Cambridge by taking the viewer on a tour called "Misled." The tour consists of historically inaccurate, misleading, or just plain confusing sites in and around West Cambridge including the Elmwood House, the Leif Erikson House, 7 Lowell Street, the Longfellow House, the Washington Elm Tree, the Soldiers Monument, and the statue of John Harvard. Produced by CCTV.
- Bank On It, an interview with Corinne Espinoza, founder of Good Bank, and an inspiring woman who acts as a bank for the homeless. Produced by Maureen Moe Glynn.
- Neighborhood Profiles: North Cambridge, the first episode of the NEW Neighborhood Profiles series spotlighting the different areas of Cambridge and highlighting what makes each neighborhood unique. In this episode, Ginny Berkowitz introduces North Cambridge and showcases some of her favorite places including Porter Square station, Porter Square Books, Raymond Park, Danehy Park, Saint Peters Field, Russell Field, Jose's Mexican Food, Verna's Bakery, Rindge Field, and the Cambridge Public Library. Produced by CCTV.
- Coloring Coorain: Making Friends, the newest episode of "Coloring Coorain" in which Coorain has been feeling lonely lately and starts looking for more friends. He quickly realizes that making friends is hard, so a few friendly guests try to help him out. Produced by Coorain Devin.
- NeighborMedia: Jenny the Juggler, featuring NeighborMedia correspondent Kristina Kehrer profiling a unique woman named Jenny Oberhuser, Boston's only professional female juggler. Produced by Kristina Kehrer.
- "When Boston Calls" Trailer, a trailer for the upcoming film by David Barsir which chronicles the Boston Calling music festival. Produced by David Barsir.
NEW SERIES! - Tails Of The City
Tails of the City is a new show that talks about pets, working animals, and all the other critters that share our neighborhood with us! In the premiere episode, Jen Brais from the Cambridge Public Health Department talks about how to care for your pets during extreme weather situations as well as Brian Gover of the Cambridge Police Department about how to prepare for evacuating your city in an emergency and taking your pets with you. Monica Collins from Ask Dog Lady has some comments about winter care for dogs, and the Humane Society of the United States shares information about Hurricane Irene's impact on pets and animals. Produced by CCTV.
Ch. 8 - Premiering this week: Mon 9:30 PM & Tue 10 AM and new episodes premiere every month
Movie Of The Week: "Little Men"
Jo March and her husband Professor Bhaer operate the Plumfield School for poor boys. When Dan, a tough street kid, comes to the school, he wins Jo's heart despite his hard edge, and she defends him when he is falsely accused. Dan's foster father, Major Burdle, is a swindler in cahoots with another crook called Willie the Fox. When the Plumfield School becomes in danger of foreclosure, the two con men cook up a scheme to save the home.
Ch. 9 - Sat 9 PM
El Foro de la Ciencia: Donaćion de Óreganos
Este programa analiza los posibles riesgos y efectos secundarios de la donación de órganos. (This program discusses the risks and side effects of organ donation.) Producido por Radio Santec.
Ch. 96 - Premiering this week: Sat 3 PM, Sun 7:30 AM, Mon 10:30 PM & Tue 8:30 PM
IF YOU MISSED IT LAST WEEK
MIT Presents: "Economic Stimulus and Household Spending"
Jonathan Parker, International Programs Professor in Management, discusses analyzes modern trends in and the efficacy of economic stimulus and household spending. Produced by MIT.
Ch. 8 - Showing this week: Fri 7 PM & Sat 8 AM
NEW SERIES! - BeLive: Offensive TV
Host Steven Ricot returns to BeLive to bring you his raw, in-your-face brand of comedy, where "no one is safe and no topic taboo," and discuss any and all current topics and events in today's pop culture landscape. Produced by Steven Ricot. Viewer Discretion Advised.
Ch. 9 - Showing bi-weekly: 1st & 3rd Wednesday of every month @ 8:30 PM
Baystate Exchange: Maura Healey
This political talk show series, produced by The Raynham Channel, features interviews with candidates running for statewide office in Massachusetts. In this episode, Lou Pacheco interviews Attorney General Candidate Maura Healey as she discusses her experience, beliefs, potential plans, and the changes she would make if elected. Also, stay tuned for more episodes to come! Produced by The Raynham Channel.
Ch. 9 - Showing this week: Wed 5 PM, Thu 8:30 PM, Sun 8 PM, Mon 5 PM & Tue 4 PM
Descubriendo con Peter Berthold
Únete a Peter Berthold en su viaje a medida que descubre la belleza de las plantas en la Tierra de la Paz. (Join Peter Berthold on his journey as he discovers the beauty of plants in the Land of Peace.) Produced by Radio Santec.
Ch. 96 - Mostrando esta semana: Thu 4 PM, Fri 9 AM, Sat 3:30 PM, Sun 9:30 AM, Mon 11 PM & Tue 8 PM
To find out what's on today or to search for specific programs, please visit our Programming Schedule and use the search engine! You can also watch the LIVE stream of each of our channels: Channel 8, Channel 9, and Channel 96. Please contact CCTV's Programming Coordinator, Chris Lawn, for any questions or comments.