Programming Highlights: Wed, Aug 20 - Tue, Aug 26, 2014
Programming Highlights: Wed, Aug 20 - Tue, Aug 26, 2014
FEATURING: NEW Shorts, A NEW BeLive Series, Movie Of The Week, Baystate Exchange & Descubriendo Con Peter Berthold
DEBUTING THIS WEEK ON CCTV!
MIT Presents: "Economic Stimulus and Household Spending"
Jonathan Parker, International Programs Professor in Management, discusses analyzes modern trends in and the efficacy of economic stimulus and household spending. Produced by MIT.
Ch. 8 - Premiering this week: Fri 7 PM & Sat 8 AM
NEW Local Shorts
Every week, CCTV runs new short programs in an unstoppable block of entertainment! Tune in to Ch. 8 every Sunday @ 5 PM & every Tuesday @ 6 PM for a chance to laugh, cry, learn, and be inspired! This week's NEW shorts:
- Bank On It, an interview with Corinne Espinoza, founder of Good Bank, and an inspiring woman who acts as a bank for the homeless. Produced by Maureen Moe Glynn.
- Neighborhood Profiles: North Cambridge, the first episode of the NEW Neighborhood Profiles series spotlighting the different areas of Cambridge and highlighting what makes each neighborhood unique. In this episode, Ginny Berkowitz introduces North Cambridge and showcases some of her favorite places including Porter Square station, Porter Square Books, Raymond Park, Danehy Park, Saint Peters Field, Russell Field, Jose's Mexican Food, Verna's Bakery, Rindge Field, and the Cambridge Public Library. Produced by CCTV.
- Coloring Coorain: Making Friends, the newest episode of "Coloring Coorain" in which Coorain has been feeling lonely lately and starts looking for more friends. He quickly realizes that making friends is hard, so a few friendly guests try to help him out. Produced by Coorain Devin.
- NeighborMedia: Jenny the Juggler, featuring NeighborMedia correspondent Kristina Kehrer profiling a unique woman named Jenny Oberhuser, Boston's only professional female juggler. Produced by Kristina Kehrer.
- "When Boston Calls" Trailer, a trailer for the upcoming film by David Barsir which chronicles the Boston Calling music festival. Produced by David Barsir.
- Now She Lives With Someone Else, a personal and insightful look at the universal subject of adoption via the reunion of a biological mother and daughter. Produced by Kristina Kehrer.
- Social Media for Local Business, an easy to understand tutorial that walks the viewer through how social media can support a local in getting found and engaging with its community of customers and prospective customers. The tutorial uses the example of a diner and contrasts how outreach and engagement was typically done prior to social media and how the evolving range of social media channels fill those roles today. Produced by Ted Rybeck.
NEW SERIES! - BeLive: Offensive TV
Host Steven Ricot returns to BeLive to bring you his raw, in-your-face brand of comedy, where "no one is safe and no topic taboo," and discuss any and all current topics and events in today's pop culture landscape. Produced by Steven Ricot. Viewer Discretion Advised.
Ch. 9 - Premiering this week: Wednesday @ 8:30 PM and will air the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of every month
Movie Of The Week: "The Bigamist"
When Harry and Eve Graham are trying to adopt a baby, the head of the agency senses Harry is keeping a secret and does some investigating. He soon discovers Harry has done an unusual amount of traveling from his home in San Francisco to Los Angeles and figures out that Harry actually has a second family! Through a series of flashbacks, Harry tells the adoption agent how he ended up in two marriages.
Ch. 9 - Sat 9 PM
Baystate Exchange: Maura Healey
This political talk show series, produced by The Raynham Channel, features interviews with candidates running for statewide office in Massachusetts. In this episode, Lou Pacheco interviews Attorney General Candidate Maura Healey as she discusses her experience, beliefs, potential plans, and the changes she would make if elected. Also, stay tuned for more episodes to come! Produced by The Raynham Channel.
Ch. 9 - Premiering this week: Sun 8 PM, Mon 5 PM & Tue 4 PM
Descubriendo con Peter Berthold
Únete a Peter Berthold en su viaje a medida que descubre la belleza de las plantas en la Tierra de la Paz. (Join Peter Berthold on his journey as he discovers the beauty of plants in the Land of Peace.) Produced by Radio Santec.
Ch. 96 - Premiering this week: Sat 3:30 PM, Sun 9:30 AM, Mon 11 PM & Tue 8 PM
IF YOU MISSED IT LAST WEEK
Goober County Jamboree: Hi-Tone Ramblers
A musical performance by The Hi-Tone Ramblers, a band inspired by American roots music that plays a melting pot of Anglo and African-rooted songs, rhythms, blues and old-time fiddle and banjo tunes. Produced by Al Marotta.
Ch. 8 - Showing this week: Wed 11:30 PM, Thu 8 AM, Fri 2 PM, Sat 5:30 PM, Sun 7:30 PM & Tue 10:30 AM
The Story Behind the 1948 Berlin Airlift
The Berlin Airlift which kept a city alive with food, coal, and other supplies for almost year has been described as the greatest achievement in the history of peacetime aviation. Four-star retired U.S. Air Force General Walter Kross, who himself commanded the U.S. military transportation system decades later, compellingly describes how the Berlin Airlift took off from the Westover Field in Chicopee, Massachusetts, how post-World War II politics set the context, and the people who made it succeed. Produced by Ted Rybeck.
Ch. 8 - Showing this week: Wed 11 PM, Thu 2:30 PM, Fri 1 PM, Sat 6 PM, Sun 7 PM & Tue 8 AM
MA Gubernational Roundtable 2014: Jeff McCormick
From January through March, Suffolk University's Rappaport Center held roundtables with each of the nine declared candidates in the 2014 Massachusetts gubernatorial race. In each episode, the candidates gave brief remarks, followed by Q&A and discussion. In this episode, From January through March, Suffolk University's Rappaport Center held roundtables with each of the nine declared candidates in the 2014 Massachusetts gubernatorial race. In each episode, the candidates gave brief remarks, followed by Q&A and discussion. In this episode, Jeff McCormick says that he’s invested 25 years in spurring job creation through his venture capital firm Saturn Partners and, despite his never having served in public office, this private-sector experience would spark value and economic growth for the Bay State. Produced by Suffolk University.
Ch. 8 - Showing this week: Sun 8 PM
Longfellow Community School Recital 2014
The 2014 Longfellow Neighborhood Council and Community School recital featuring performers of all ages playing a variety of instruments. Produced by Bishawjit Saha.
Ch. 96 - Showing this week: Wed 10 AM, Thu 2 PM, Fri 8 AM, Sat 5 PM & Mon 8 PM
NEW SERIES! - Beauty For Ashes
Beauty for Ashes is a faith-based interview and teaching show focusing on positive truths that bring spiritual healing into the lives of those listening. Produced by Gemma Wenger
Ch. 96 - Showing weekly: Sundays @ 10 PM & Mondays @ 10:30 AM
To find out what's on today or to search for specific programs, please visit our Programming Schedule and use the search engine! You can also watch the Live stream of each of our channels: Channel 8, Channel 9, and Channel 96. Please contact CCTV's Programming Coordinator, Chris Lawn, for any questions or comments.