Programming Highlights: Wed, May 7 - Tue, May 13, 2014
Programming Highlights: Wed, May 7 - Tue, May 13, 2014
FEATURING: Mother's Day Special 2014, Geology Rocks!, NEW Local Shorts, Movie Of The Week & Divine Prophetic Healing
CCTV Mother's Day Special 2014
In this holiday special, Cambridge Community Television hits the streets to capture the video messages of loving children of all ages to their mothers for Mother's Day 2014.
Ch. 8 - Sunday @ 7:30 AM
Ch. 9 - Sunday @ 8 PM
DEBUTING THIS WEEK ON CCTV!
A mood video featuring close-up images of polished rock surfaces and a few fossil images accompanied by plaintive flute music. Produced by Albert Copley.
Ch. 8 - Premiering this week: Sat 3 PM, Sun 7 PM & Mon 10 AM
NEW Local Shorts
Every week, CCTV runs new short programs in an unstoppable block of entertainment! Tune in to Ch. 8 every Sunday @ 5 PM & every Tuesday @ 6 PM for a chance to laugh, cry, learn, and be inspired! This week's NEW shorts:
- Hot Dog and the Ninja: Episode 2 - "The Dark Night of the Hot Dog", letting you know that help is on the way America! In this episode, the hot dog and the ninja valiantly battle an impolite health spa patron. Produced by Peter Septoff.
- Money Beautiful USA, a short experimental film featuring diverse images of local banks accompanied by beautiful background music. Produced by Barbara Noll.
- "R.REVOLUTION" Trailer, a teaser trailer for an upcoming action-suspense short film about two freedom fighters on an assignment to defeat an evil dictator causing mayhem throughout the land. Presented by Best Bounty Productions. Produced by Tony Valentino Cabral.
- Day of the Dead, a short film about the Mexican celebration that commemorates the lives of our dearly departed. In this four-minute mini-documentary, Frank Morris interviews Deb Colburn, the owner of a local shop that sells international goods, and their discussion reveals how this festive holiday has spread from south of the border to New England and beyond. Produced by Frank Morris.
- Coloring Coorain: Robin McNulty, featuring Coorain interviewing friend and artist Robin McNulty, and the two discuss trends, sweaters, and the upcoming Food Lion musical.
- 2013 Norfolk Street Evacuation Revisited, a mini-documentary featuring Angel Aiguier revisiting the 2013 Norfolk Street Evacuation, which took place in Cambridge after the Boston Marathon attack, and taking the viewer on a short journey of the tense 24-hours residents on the street experienced. Produced by Angel Aiguier.
- NeighborMedia: "Roadrunner" Yea or Nay?, a citizen journalist story about a bill currently in the Massachusetts State Legislature requesting that the song "Roadrunner" by Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers become the official state song, and NeighborMedia journalist Kristina Kehrer heads to the Middle East in Cambridge for a Jonathan Richman performance to interview attendees about their opinions on the matter. Produced by Kristina Kehrer.
Movie Of The Week: "Texas, Brooklyn and Heaven"
In this classic romantic comedy, a would-be playwright and a young woman escaping from a job at a gas station meet cute and fall in love.
Ch. 9 - Sat 9 PM
Divine Prophetic Healing: Become Like the Little Children - Part 2
Part 2 of a three-part series discussing advice from God and the Bible for how a person can heal his or her own life and how children speak the language of Heaven. Produced by Radio Santec.
Ch. 96 - Premiering this week: Sat 3:30 PM, Mon 8:30 PM & Tue 3:30 PM
IF YOU MISSED IT LAST WEEK
MIT Presents: "Energy Challenges for China & Responses at Scale"
From 2000 to 2010, China's energy use grew 130 percent, and it continues to grow along with China’s urban centers. Fueling rapid urban expansion will require a refined and integrated energy program for the country, one which confronts present challenges at multiple scales, considering economic and climate impact, regional transportation networks and smart grids, intermittency and storage of renewables, and the role of individual firms, households and citizens in realizing the greatest efficiency gains for the whole country and for the world. Produced by MIT.
Ch. 8 - Showing this week: Fri 7 PM & Sat 8 AM
BeLive: Chow & Tell
Let's talk about food, baby! Join foodie Rayna and her guests in this new weekly BeLive series as she demonstrates recipes and cooking techniques, discovers new ingredients, demystifies kitchen gadgets, and discusses everything edible under the sun. Produced by Rayna Jhaveri.
Ch. 9 - Thursdays @ 6:30 PM
Celebrating Families: The 11th Annual Cambridge Guidance Center Gala
An annual celebration of the work of The Guidance Center in Cambridge, MA, featuring live and silent auctions, an awards ceremony, and speeches. The March 27, 2014, event honored Gail Roberts, a Gala co-chair and longtime friend of The Guidance Center. Produced by CCTV.
Ch. 9 - Showing this week: Fri 7 PM, Sat 6 PM & Sun 2 PM
Net Neutrality: The Future of Internet Access
On January 14, 2014, the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington D.C. struck down the Federal Communications Commission's Open Internet Order. Somerville Community Access Television convened a panel discussion at Tufts University about net neutrality and what it means for the future of Internet access.
The panel consisted of experts in law, technology, and media including Advocacy & Organizing Manager Candace Clement of Free Press, Assistant Professor at Boston College Law School Daniel Lyons, Co-Director of Press Pass TV Cara Lisa Berg Powers, Chief Correspondent at MIT Technology Review David Talbot, and Moderator and Associate Professor at Suffolk University Nina Huntemann. The event was co-sponsored by Wicked Local Somerville, Arlington Community Media, Cambridge Community Television, Boston Neighborhood Network, and Massachusetts Pirate Party.
Ch. 9 - Showing this week: Fri 8 PM, Sat 7 PM, Sun 9 PM & Tue 2 PM
NeighborMedia: Concierto de Jarabe de Palo
El concierto de Jarabe de Palo tuvo lugar el 17 de marzo de 2014 en Middle East, local situado en Central Square en Cambridge. El grupo de rock en español ha contado temas antiguos, junto con algunos del nuevo disco. Presentado por NeighborMedia. (The Jarabe de Palo concert took place March 17, 2014, at the Middle East Restaurant & Nightclub in Central Square in Cambridge. The Spanish rock group combined old songs with new ones from their recently released album. Presented by NeighborMedia.)
Ch. 96 - Showing this week: Wed 11:30 PM, Thu 7:30 AM, Fri 3:30 PM, Sat 5:30 PM, Sun 9:30 AM, Mon 10:30 PM & Tue 8 PM
To find out what's on today or to search for specific programs, please visit our Programming Schedule and use the search engine! You can also watch the Live stream of each of our channels: Channel 8, Channel 9, and Channel 96. Please contact CCTV's Programming Coordinator, Chris Lawn, for any questions or comments.