CCTV is requesting your programming about the current coronavirus pandemic and its effect on your life. Submit here!
Television Coverage for Local Events
Television Coverage for Local Events
CCTV offers media coverage of non-commercial Cambridge Events.
CCTV offers media coverage of local, non-commercial events that are not receiving media coverage elsewhere. The organization receives up to four hours of camera time and up to five hours of edit time for a flat fee, which is based on the organization’s annual operating budget. The organization may request and receive extra camera time at $50 per hour and extra edit time at $50 per hour.
If the organization is a Cambridge city department: There is no cost for coverage.
- Organization’s annual operating budget is $0–99,999: The flat fee is $50.
- Organization’s annual operating budget is $100,000–499,999: The flat fee is $100.
- Organization’s annual operating budget is $500,000 and over: The flat fee is $250.
To request coverage, please fill out this form.
To qualify for event coverage, your organization and event must meet the following requirements:
- The event must be held in Cambridge, although there might be exceptions.
- The event must be free and/or open to the public.
- The event must have an audience in Cambridge and have demonstrable relevance to the greater Cambridge community.
- There are no restrictions on the program being shown on CCTV's cable channels or website.
Your event IS NOT eligible for free video coverage if:
- The event is commercial in nature or intended to make a profit.
- The event does not have an audience in Cambridge.
- The event is already receiving coverage from other media operations.
- Your organization has already received free event coverage from CCTV in the last 365 days.
To Receive Free Event Coverage
If your event is eligible for free video coverage, then the sponsoring organization will be expected to:
- Provide CCTV with at least two weeks advance notice of the event date, times, and location, and any descriptions of the event including topic, speakers, etc.
- Provide CCTV with any technical details relating to audio or lighting equipment that may exist at the event location.
- Acknowledge CCTV for providing event coverage, either during the event or by other appropriate means.
- Submit a Program Distribution Agreement. This allows CCTV to distribute the program on its platforms and to retain copies for future replays or other promotional uses. By submitting the agreement, the organization accepts full responsibility for the content of the program, talent, and all releases, licenses, or other necessary clearances.
- Make every effort possible to publicize through its networks the distribution of the program on CCTV’s platforms.
What Your Organization Will Receive
If CCTV is provides free video coverage of your event, your organization will receive the following services:
- CCTV will provide a single camera and operator for a maximum of 4 hours of production time, including setup and breakdown. Additional time is available at cost.
- CCTV will do simple post-production editing, not to exceed 5 hours, to prepare the program for our television channels. Additional time is available at cost.
- CCTV will provide digital copy of the program to the organization.
- CCTV will share ownership and rights to the finished program with the event organizers. The organization may distribute copies of the program; however, if it is being sold for any profit, proceeds must be split evenly with CCTV. Requests to CCTV for digital copies of the program from outside entities will be directed to the organization’s representative. Original footage recorded by the camera operator is owned by CCTV and may be purchased by the organization at cost..
- CCTV will schedule the finished program to be seen on our cable channels and online streaming platforms, and will retain the program for future replays or other CCTV promotional uses.
Copyright of the finished program is held by the organization sponsoring the event. Requests for copies from outside parties will be directed to the organization's contact person, who may choose to allow CCTV to sell copies. Original footage recorded by CCTV staff and volunteers is owned by CCTV and may be purchased by the event sponsors at cost.
CCTV makes its best effort to provide free video coverage of community events but in some cases we are unable to provide this service due to scheduling and availability of our resources.
Also, while CCTV intends to produce high quality programming of community events, and we arrange for the most skilled individuals to provide this service, many of our production crew and assistants are not trained professionals.
If you have production needs that are outside the scope of these free services, or wish to produce programming that is not intended for broadcast on our channels or website, you may consider hiring one of CCTV’s professional production teams.