CCTV is a community-centered organization where Cambridge residents (and non-residents!) can create, consume, and share media that is a reflection of who they are and where they come from.
Our Core Values are:
The Power of Community
We believe a community generates ideas and actions in a way isolated individuals don’t have access to. Like the sound a choir can make vs. one person singing alone.
Equity, Access, & Justice
We believe everyone deserves access to the skills & technology that will enable them to connect and create. We are committed to activism and justice work.
Collaboration & Curiosity
We believe in leading through listening, and we are all about learning—new perspectives, new skills, new information—bring it on.
Fluidity & Flexibility
We believe in keeping an open mind and changing when it’s time to change. We are looking to the future without losing sight of where we’ve come from.
Communication & Creativity
We believe everyone’s voice deserves to be heard, and that our community (and our world) is a better place because of the art we see when access & opportunity barriers are removed.
Expertise & Excellence
We believe that “public access” shouldn’t (always) mean “Wayne’s World.” We believe that access to skilled teachers, high-end equipment, and professional quality production shouldn’t be tied to one’s socioeconomic status.
Celebrating Our Weirdness
We believe in keeping Cambridge weird, and that means inviting everyone who lives here to share their voice and make their art on CCTV's platform. Your platform. We wouldn't be Cambridge without you.
Open staff positions:
Job Announcement: Production Services Manager
Cambridge Community Television nurtures a strong, equitable and diverse community by providing tools and training to foster free speech, civic engagement, and creative expression while connecting people to collaboratively produce media that is responsive, relevant, and effective in a fast-changing technological environment.
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to info@CCTVcambridge.org with the subject line “Production Services Manager.” Feel free to link to supplemental materials/ videos but please do not attach large files.
Reports to: Associate Director of Community Production
CCTV is seeking an experienced, organized, and energetic leader of professional production services for our award winning public access station and community space.
- Oversee professional services department and manage day-to-day operations
- Develop a professional services client base. Perform outreach to obtain and retain new clients and projects
- Effectively plan and manage a production from start to finish (storyboarding, production and post production)
- Deliver high quality content to clients
- Identify best practices and trends in video production and update team operations accordingly
- Establish systems for creating budgets for video proposals
- Set and manage expectations with clients
- Oversee marketing and promotion for our services
- Oversee multiple projects simultaneously and ensure deadlines are met
- Hire and train crew
- Teach production and editing classes with an aim to building a crew cohort
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Preferred training and/or degree in Communications, Broadcasting, film production, marketing or equivalent
- Knowledge of video production and editing
- Knowledge of broadcast graphics/ graphic design /simple motion graphics
- Experience working with advertising agencies and film production companies
- Excellent organization, planning, and communication skills
- A collaborative mindset and ability to work with fast, varying and changing needs
- Ability to work independently and pivot quickly
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Excellent understanding of current media landscape and new and evolving technologies
- Ability to speak to and sell our services to potential clients/ sales experience
- Project Management Experience: set goals, objective, track progress and meet deadlines and budget requirements
- Experience with Mac operating and editing systems.
- Enthusiasm for and ability to teach production skills to all levels of learner
The position requires attention to detail, excellent organizational, technical, problem solving and people skills. An interest in alternative media is helpful, as is knowledge of Cambridge. Knowledge of and experience working in a community that is racially, ethnically and economically diverse is strongly preferred. Bilingual or multilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
A strong applicant will have a combination of communication skills, production skills and enthusiasm for building a client base.
This is a full-time benefits eligible position. CCTV offers competitive benefits including generous PTO, retirement and health insurance benefits. The starting salary range is $55,000 -$65,000 annually. Where the candidate falls in the range is dependent on how many existing client relationships they may bring to the role and overall experience with building a client base. We are open to hiring someone with no existing client base but the right skills to grow one.
Cambridge Community Television is currently open to the public 4-6 days a week. Staff at CCTV work on a hybrid schedule with required in-studio time of at least 2 days a week. Attendance at some in-person events is also required. Must be comfortable with and available for some evening and weekend shifts.
All inquiries are confidential. CCTV is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, disability, medical condition, age, genetic information, marital status, family status, political activities or affiliation, criminal background or incarceration history, military or veteran status.